US$230
US$107
US$74
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$96/night.

US$125
US$174
US$143
InterContinental
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$170/night.

Bellgrove Guest House Sandton(Sandton)(Great Value!)
US$71
US$67
US$100
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
All reviewsluxury guest househome away from homesandton citylovely guesthouseevery morningbreakfast roombeautiful gardensouth africawonderful staycomfortable roomsbusiness tripchantaljoburgaccommodationtaxissafarigautrain
Reviewed 31 August 2011

I stayed here while visiting Jo'burg in Feb of 2011 - to visit my own property (which is let out nearby). Although, I knew the area from my year in SA in 2005 - I was pleasantly surprised to find this little gem of a guest house. Claire's guesthouse is in a safe and secure part of Jo'burg - where there is the minimum of criminal activity.
I found Claire's on the internet and despite me needing to mess Claire about a bit while I sorted dates and arrange the payment of a deposit (from the UK) etc., she was patient and polite in our (email) communications. I arrived after 11pm and was met by the housekeeper and shown to my room with the minimum of fuss.
In short, the place and the staff were a delight. The rooms are well decorated, furnished and clean. The breakfast was excellent and the service personable - and not obtrusive in any way. A relaxing place to stay, in close proximity to Sandton City - safe and secure with excellent parking within the grounds.
As always in Jo'burg - a car is required to get to anywhere - local or otherwise!
I will definately be back Claire!!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
Claire B, Owner at Claires of Sandton, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2011

Describing Claires as a "gem" has delighted us all. Us ladies do, indeed, like to think of Claires and ourselves as: sparkling, enduring, valuable and treasured!

Reviewed 19 August 2011

My husband and I stayed at Claire's for the last two nights of our 3 week trip to South Africa. We picked it because of the location and great reviews. True to what we had read, the hotel was very comfortable, extremely clean and everybody there was extraordinarily friendly and offered great hospitality. Zodwa was really helpful in making arrangements for our time in the city and Claire went out of her way to let us freshen up before our evening flight home. One thing to know about Claire's is that you will have to take a taxi everywhere (if you don't have a car), but the hotel can help you call one easily.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Claire B, Owner at Claires of Sandton, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2011

Thank you for your thoughtful review. It was a pleasure to chat and swop stories. May your aspirations for your future be attained.

Reviewed 9 August 2011

My husband and I spent our first two nights in South Africa at Claire's. We had an absolutely delightful visit. Zodwa was wonderful, so helpful and welcoming. Breakfast was delicious and more than enough. We really enjoyed watching the birds outside the window at breakfast. We did not get our luggage until after we left Claire's (thank you, South African Airlines) but Zodwa was as helpful as she could be with helping us contact the airline. Transfer was all arranged for us, and we ended up using Becky (the driver) for the duration of our stay for all of our outings. He was also great and very helpful. It was a little residential (ie not too much "happening" in the neighborhood), but did feel safe. Zodwa even helped us order take-out to the room the evening we arrived. So nice after a long flight. The room was comfortable, nicely appointed and spacious. We would definitely love to stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

I am glad that you finally met up with your luggage; we were only too pleased to help. I trust that the rest of your visit lived up to your excited anticipation.
We endeavour, with our location, to offer a good combination of experiences: Quiet and safe at Claires with local facilities at hand and a vibe within a five minute taxi ride.

Reviewed 7 August 2011

Please let me clairfy first, we didn't end up stayiing here, as Claire had a plumbing emergency. BUT before this we had no trouble getting hold of her and making our booking, Claire arranged our airport transfer and happily phoned a tour company that I had read about on TA, she checked them out for us then booked it etc.
Claire contacted us a 4 days prior to our stay and advised us of the plumbing problem and the new reservation she had made on our behalf at another B & B of the same price and standard, this was excellent, she transferred all money we had previously paid to her as deposit to the new accom. Nothing was too much trouble. Thanks Claire for all your help and proactive organising. Sorry we didnt get to meet , but we certainly appreciate your professionalism and caring attitude. All the best for the future.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

We do pride ourslves on our service and ability to give our guests a successful visit whatever the circumstances; thank you for highlighting this for us. Sadly we were not able to meet - see you next time.

Reviewed 6 August 2011

We stayed at Claires for 5 nights at the begining of a 4 week tour of South Africa. The standard of accommodation and facilities are superb and very well maintained. The breakfasts are huge and the staff are all very helpful and friendly. In particular, Zodwa and Claire herself made us feel at home and we were sorry to leave them!
Claire's has off street secure parking and a large swimming pool, and is close to the Sandton City shopping complex. There are 3 very nice small restuarants (German, Portuguese and Italian) within walking distance in this very safe suburb. I would recommend having the use of a car whilst staying, as Sandton Mall and other places of interest can only be reasonably reached by vehicle.

Room Tip: The Deluxe garden rooms are preferable. There are a number of business people who also use Claires so booking rooms is best done early.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family