Aark Guest Lodge(Vanderbijlpark)
Asante Guest House(Vanderbijlpark)
Aalwyns Guesthouse(Vanderbijlpark)(Great Value!)
Riverside Sun(Vanderbijlpark)
TripAdvisor
12 On Vaal B&B(Vanderbijlpark)
Emfuleni River Lodge(Vanderbijlpark)
Sedibeng Guesthouse(Vanderbijlpark)
1,095 results
All reviewsanimal worldaqua domebush lodgebreeze restaurantten pin bowlingadventure golfhigh stakesanimal parkputt puttwall climbingshuttle servicethe riverget awayvalue for moneywhole familyself cateringenjoyed our stay
Reviewed 1 July 2015

My wife and I spent two nights there. Our room was adjacent to the one by brother and his wife were in. It was very convenient to go from the one to the other for snacks and chatter. We had an outside door onto the vernanda, which was very nice to have. We sat at the table outside and enjoyed the view and outdoor feeling tremendously.

The breakfast was a very nice buffet type, and well prepared.

Room Tip: Ground floor with door leading onto veranda.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Greg S, Manager at Emerald Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2015

Hello Pieter

Thank you for writing this review on TripAdvisor.

As we are situated along 7km of the Vaal River we are in a position to offer our guests a little piece of our amazing South African natural environment. We believe that our visitors should always leave us feeling refreshed and relaxed.

I’m very pleased that you managed to enjoy the tranquillity of our Resort and we hope that you visit us again soon.

Reviewed 1 July 2015

Was very nice, restaurant we ate at, could do much better. Was disappointed with the food and service received at the Boma. Every drink we ordered from hot chocolate to cappuccino, they did not have. Their food was also cold and tasteless.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple

Hello ma680

Thank you for this review and your comments.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Resort but apologise, on behalf of Boma, for the food and service. The Boma is an independently run and owned restaurant on our property. I will however address the issues that you had with them.

I hope that this will not deter you from visiting us again.

Reviewed 1 July 2015

Emerald resort its a nice place to relax with friends and family...i liked that there was a generator kicking in during load shedding! i was able to prepare meal and hot water was available!!
I will go there again with Friends!!

Simo Segaloe

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Thank M.c S

Hello Simo

Thank you for this review. We appreciate the feedback.

Emerald Resort & Casino is not affected by loadshedding. As you have mentioned, we have backup generators that automatically kick in during any power outage to ensure the comfort of all guests at the Resort.

I are pleased that you and your friends had a relaxing time with us and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 30 June 2015

It is with absolute pleasure that I relay my experience about my stay at Emerald Casino and Resort. Everything from the actual booking to the check in and check out was exceptionally smooth. Upon arrival my room was ready. We were very impressed with the cleanliness of the unit. I immediately lay my head down to rest on the soft fluffy pillows which invited me to put my feet up. The main room was spacious and there was enough cupboard space in both rooms. The bathroom and toilet are separate for convenience. The open plan lounge and kitchen ensures a warm feel and allows you to converse with the people in the kitchen or lounge. The braai area stood just outside the door within easy reach from the comfort of the lounge. A bench and table made for convenient dinning under the stars. The view from my room was amazing, you could see the animals roaming in the distance and the barren tree tops made for a portrait like effect against the darkening winter skyline. I immensely enjoyed my stay and look forward to my next visit. The 24 hour shuttle service was easy to use and the friendly drivers were neatly dressed and made lively conversation on the short trip to and from the casino. The Aquadome was full of laughs and kids running around, just what you expect. The whole experience was indeed magical. We all had a great time and we were sad to depart on Sunday. I only wish we could arrange a late check out but was told that its not allowed. I have nothing but praise for the staff at Emerald who made our stay so memorable.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family

Hello R S

Thank you for your glowing review of Emerald Resort & Casino. I appreciate the time that you took to post this and enjoyed reading it.

I am extremely pleased that you had a magical time with us and experienced many of the entertainment facilities available to our guests. I do hope that you went for a game drive and were able to view our wildlife closeup. I would just like to add that we do allow late check outs – it is only when we are fully booked that we unfortunately cannot as the rooms must be prepared for check-ins that day.

I will certainly pass along your compliments and praise to our staff as they form part of the backbone that makes your visit here memorable.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Resort soon.

Reviewed 30 June 2015

We go there mostly for the kids as they enjoy the aquadome. But this year the slides and the lazy river did not work from 06h00-18h00 due to maintenance. No notifications before arrival!!! No electricity

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family

Hello A S

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate the feedback.

I apologise that you and your children were inconvenienced when you visited our Resort. All maintenance at Aquadome is communicated via the Aquadome page on our website.

It concerns me that this was not the case this time and I shall certainly investigate why this was not so. Due to generators that operate during power outages we are not affected by loadshedding. Unfortunately our River Resort experienced some power outages recently which were unrelated to loadshedding, but this has now been rectified.

I hope that this experience will not deter you from visiting us again.