“There are better holels in town for less money”
Review of Tri State Inn

Tri State Inn
Ranked #27 of 28 Hotels in Kingman
Reviewed 17 March 2017

It's not awful, but there are far better options in town.

I did enjoy the exterior architecture, I wish the inside was as as nice.
The rooms were not dirty exactly, but dingy for sure, the effect made worse by the awful fluorescent lighting.
The truck parking was trashy enough I almost gave up before getting out.
The towels had pretty impressive exfoliating properties, I'm not sure that's what they intended.
There was shampoo provided, in the tiniest little packet I ever did see.
The curtains weren't adequate to darken the room.

Oh, they still had tube televisions, if they were any older they would have actually been sort of quaint.

I had fears about noise, being right there on a major artery, but it wasn't as bad as I feared.
I noticed there was a separate / second batch of rooms a street back from the main road, I'd be inclined to request one of those rooms in the hopes of a less bright and quieter room.

Room Tip: Try the back rooms
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank robh1003

Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

If you are looking for a 5 star hotel, this is not it. It is a no frills motel that is badly in need of updating. But for $35 a night, what else do you expect? The room was clean, the bed was comfortable (we brought our own pillows), and the staff was friendly. Will definitely stay there again.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2017 via mobile

We're seniors and my wife injured her leg in Gallup, NM. We stopped at this hotel on the way to Las Vegas, NV due to her injury. I requested a handicap room & also asked about AARP, CDL, Military or any other discounts and was told none were available until April. I should have left then. The room was filthy. Only the sheets appeared clean. Looked like mold in the bathroom. Shower/tub had nothing to prevent slipping. Smoke detector was disconnected and sitting on the table. The carpet looked like it had never been cleaned. It was too late to move on or get our $50 refunded. Nuff said.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 January 2017

I'm sorry I did not check reviews before reserving. No refund. The sheets seemed lean but the bed spread was dirty. Tub horrible. Afraid to use for bath. Sofa badly stained. I included photos. No coffee in room or office. Have to cross busy highway in morning for my java fix. Avoid this place at all costs.

Room Tip: Plenty of other hotels in town to choose from.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 September 2016

My son-in-law had reserved this hotel for us in a 2 queen size bed room and we were 3 adults and one 2 year old child. I had noticed that they had larger rooms that had 3 queen size beds so when we checked in I asked if they had one of those rooms available. This room cost more money than the 2 bed room. This room was not even connected to the original motel. We had to drive through an alley and parked. When we walked into the room, it had such a bad odor and the chairs were all stained. The rug looked like it hadn't been vacuumed or cleaned in years. The bathroom was disgusting. I was even afraid to sit on the beds. It reminded me of the Bates Hotel (Psycho movie). I went back into the office and told them we couldn't stay in that room and if they had any rooms that had been renovated. He said yes and took me to another room in the front rooms of the hotel. This room had been renovated, so we stayed in this room. I checked to see how many towels were in the bathroom. They only had 2 bath towels and 1 face cloth. I had to go into the office to ask for extra towels. I was looking for the ice maker to get some ice for our room, but found that you had to pay to get ice out of the ice maker. I have never stayed in a hotel where you had to pay for ice. These people should never have put anyone in the rooms in the alley. They definitely need to be renovated before anyone stayed in those rooms. They said they had free WiFi, but when I tried to get into the Wifi, it wouldn't let me. What ever you do, don't stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Whatever you do, stay in a room in the front of the motel. The bigger rooms in the back of the alle...
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family