“The worst motel in the USA ”
Review of Tri State Inn

Tri State Inn
Ranked #27 of 28 Hotels in Kingman
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

There is no such thing as free lunch. That is how $44 a night looks like. I booked two rooms for two couples and I am ashamed that I picked this motel for my friends. The worst maintained motel I have ever stayed in. AC is noisy like a train - we turned it off. Furniture is old and covered with dirty spots. Title floor in the bathroom is painted (!) and the paint is naturally peeling off. Bath tub is stained, loosing its original white color. Door in the bathroom has a large hole inside. No bulbs in two of three lamps. Carpet has holes in the walking path. Stains on pillow cases. Unbelievable! Never stay in this motel!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 29 April 2017

I told them two nights; they only booked me for one. Then in trying to get that straightened out, we find that someone else got a room for almost $20 less!

On the plus side, they do take pets, the other two on the "block" do not.

Can't expect the Taj Mahal for the price.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 March 2017

It's not awful, but there are far better options in town.

I did enjoy the exterior architecture, I wish the inside was as as nice.
The rooms were not dirty exactly, but dingy for sure, the effect made worse by the awful fluorescent lighting.
The truck parking was trashy enough I almost gave up before getting out.
The towels had pretty impressive exfoliating properties, I'm not sure that's what they intended.
There was shampoo provided, in the tiniest little packet I ever did see.
The curtains weren't adequate to darken the room.

Oh, they still had tube televisions, if they were any older they would have actually been sort of quaint.

I had fears about noise, being right there on a major artery, but it wasn't as bad as I feared.
I noticed there was a separate / second batch of rooms a street back from the main road, I'd be inclined to request one of those rooms in the hopes of a less bright and quieter room.

Room Tip: Try the back rooms
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank robh1003
Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

If you are looking for a 5 star hotel, this is not it. It is a no frills motel that is badly in need of updating. But for $35 a night, what else do you expect? The room was clean, the bed was comfortable (we brought our own pillows), and the staff was friendly. Will definitely stay there again.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2017 via mobile

We're seniors and my wife injured her leg in Gallup, NM. We stopped at this hotel on the way to Las Vegas, NV due to her injury. I requested a handicap room & also asked about AARP, CDL, Military or any other discounts and was told none were available until April. I should have left then. The room was filthy. Only the sheets appeared clean. Looked like mold in the bathroom. Shower/tub had nothing to prevent slipping. Smoke detector was disconnected and sitting on the table. The carpet looked like it had never been cleaned. It was too late to move on or get our $50 refunded. Nuff said.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family