“Fantastic Stay every time ”

BON Hotel Riviera on Vaal
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Vereeniging
Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

We absolutely love this place in the vaal. Its on the river which offers rooms an absolute gem of a view. The service is good and the rooms are amazing. This is our 3rd stay at the hotel and will probably come back. Its also affordable and next to a golf course. Only reason I give a 4 rating is due to 3 main concerns 1. The pool.area is a little dated and not taken care off. The bathrooms are slightly on the smaller side. And the food menu is slightly pricey. Other than that the place is amazing.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
BON-RivieraOnVaal, Guest Relations Manager at BON Hotel Riviera on Vaal, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2018

Hello Kaveer14

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback on your recent stay at BON Hotel Riviera on Vaal!

We appreciate your lovely comments and I will be sure to pass them on to the team - its feedback like this that makes our jobs most satisfying.

Our pool area was extremely over the festive season but our maintenance team has been at it all day fixing it up where needed. Our bathrooms are small and quirky but they will be redesigned when we refurbish the hotel. I will be certain to pass your comments regarding the menu on to our Executive Chef, he is working on new menus.

Thank you for spending the holidays with us and we would like to wish you and your family a prosperous 2018!

Rozanne Hamilton

Reviewed 5 January 2018

Please also make enough carpots in every parking for the cars to avoid sun and thundershowers , and open some channels like 161,110 , 164,176, 179,320,321,325 if it's possible,furthermore the hotel is a best hotel a luxurias

Room Tip: Try buying some bigger fridge
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hello monicasL513HW

We will certainly look at putting up most carports in the future and will re-evaluate our channel bouquet.

Reviewed 4 January 2018

The pool area had no waiter present onsite and was dirty. The barman was working alone on the 1 January which was a pubblic holiday and management should have anticipated that it was going to be very busy and should have atleast had more men power. Service was slow and area disorganized. No child minder in the play area as advertised on the website. Facilities are great but service is poor.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hello Liv235

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback on your experience at BON Hotel Riviera on Vaal!

We must apologise for the slow service, this matter has been addressed with all HOD's who have put measure in place to prevent a reoccurrence. Our lovely child-minder Ntsoaki had the 2nd of January off and is on site again until the 14th of January.

We do hope this did not taint your experience with us too much and that we will receive a visit from you and your family again!

Rozanne Hamilton

Reviewed 3 January 2018

I had a terrible experience at Bon Hotel at the Vaal. Firstly, check in is a 14:00hrs and when I arrived my room was not yet ready until 15:30. Got into the room and checked the bed and the bedding was wet! As if that was not enough to this already, bad experience. On Saturday 2am I get a sms notification that the reception had charged my card twice I don’t know how but they charged me twice for my 2 nights stay for the weekend, but then they did another charge for the same amount. Complained and I am still waiting for the money to be returned back into my bank account. Would rather they paid me back for everything I REGRET WASTING MY MONEY GOING THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE.
I was at this hotel about 10 years ago, I must say the service, cleanness overall experience has just deteriorated. You order drinks and get dirty glasses, no stock of things, blender not working…things are just falling apart at the hotel. At the pool, there are not enough pool seats and umbrellas, so guests must hunt around to find something when other guests leave. Horrible overall experience. They promise you WiFi that you cannot even access

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Grace D
Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

The hotel has amazing views and the rooms moderate. Clean but carpets and bathroom could do with an upgrade.

The pool area needs more seating and umbrellas. We often could not get a spot to sit in the shade and with a 9 month old baby it meant we didn't get to use the pool at all.

Our biggest gripe was the lack of food options.

Breakfast was disappointing with limited options for vegetarian/kosher/halaal guests. They do have a grill that is solely for vegetarian food which is good. However they could look into a better fish option besides frozen boxed varieties.

The room service and lunch time menu is also very limited for people with strict dietary requirements. Maybe include some more vegetarian or fish options for your guests. The dessert section was really depressing. Vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce, croissants and pastries, fruit medley and the cake of the day. Every time we asked about the cake of the day it was - Vanilla Cake. Either the chef can only make Vanilla Cake or it's the same vanilla Cake that no one is ordering. Maybe look at options like waffles, pancakes etc.

We tried to order a toasted tuna and were told they had no tuna. We ordered a strawberry milkshake and they didn't have strawberry so my experience is that the restaurant is not really organized.

We went out to get food every single day.

The staff are not really friendly or welcoming either. I never received a smile from one person working there at breakfast, or the waiters at the pool.

I had a bad experience with the cleaner for our room. She asked if she could clean and I explained we had been out the room all morning and no one had cleaned and now my baby is down for his nap. She was irritated and rude about it complaining that she needs to leave soon. So I said it's fine if they don't clean just to get rid of her before she woke my baby up.

Hotel has great potential if they just more accommodating to the variety of guests they receive

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vereeniging
11.2 km away
19.1 km away
Ikhamanzi Bed & Breakfast
Ikhamanzi Bed & Breakfast
#1 of 7 in Vereeniging

Been to BON Hotel Riviera on Vaal? Share your experiences!