Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.com
eDreamsUS$59
TripadvisorUS$59
FindHotel
TravelocityUS$59
All reviews beautiful surroundings mountain biking working farm deli restaurant cheese factory self catering peace and quiet bulls stables dams fishing converted retreat amenities lakes setting walks
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 January 2021

We had a most enjoyable stay at Flitwick Ranch in one of the Old Cheese Factory rooms which was most comfortable. The security light however beams through the glass paneled door so a blind behind the door will be most helpful. The self-catering communal kitchen and living area was really useful and provided all that we needed. The experience of the working farm was great and a 2.5km walk to the big dam to fly fish for bass was interesting. Foe me the pity was the bass dominate and trout would do so well there. The surroundings are superb and many walks and MTB rides are available. We will certainly return when next in the area.

Date of stay: January 2021
Reviewed 10 January 2021

Overall wonderful stay, friendly staff, beautiful country site!!
And Astonishing Good food, the ice cream and malva pudding. Never ever did I taste anything like it!!! It was marvelous!!!!
Well done Jurie!!
Thank you for an excellent stay!!

Date of stay: January 2021
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jurie Venter, General Manager at Flitwick Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2021

Thank you kindly Lezanne.
Looking forward to your next stay!

Reviewed 9 January 2021

We had the best time at Flitwick, and we only wished we had stayed longer to enjoy all the exciting amenities and activities that they have available. Our hosts were exceptional - friendly and went over and above to make us feel welcomed. A beautiful, serene location with tasteful, personal details in a 'farm style' on a working farm, with lots of little surprises to make our stay comfortable and relaxing. We stayed at the Bulls Stables - a large private, cozy room within full view of the dam, that leads onto a shared patio area within the common area. A lovely set up! We would definitely love to return to this humble retreat soon.

Date of stay: December 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jurie Venter, General Manager at Flitwick Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2021

Thank you kindly. Looking forward to your next stay!

Reviewed 4 January 2021

My husband and I spend 3 days over New Years at Flitwick Ranch. When booking, I opted for a Bulls Stable room because I rather fancied the look of old stone walls set in beautiful gardens, overlooking the dam. It turned out to be the right choice. We had a sweeping view of one of the three small dams bordering the homestead, and I spent many happy hours watching moorhens and geese from the comfort of our queen-sized bed. The room itself was large and comfortable, with all the usual amenities and some thoughtful touches, such as a charging cable for cell phones and lots of storage space for bits and pieces, meaning that we could unpack properly.

The Bull Stable Rooms open out onto a central courtyard overlooking the children's play area and vegetable tunnels. As an avid gardener myself, I was particularly envious of the HUGE strawberries, lying red and luscious amid a host of other healthy-looking vegetables. Guests are encouraged to pick their own strawberries and I confess that none from my carton made it home.

Central to the homestead is the Deli, a restaurant and dining room serving hearty meals tailored to guests' specific requests by the wonderful Jurie. We'd taken most of our food for the weekend with us (I had intended to spend the weekend eating my weight in olives, artichokes and other delicacies specifically bought for the occasion), but Jurie's affable nature and the delicious smells emanating from his kitchen convinced us to eat our first dinner at the Deli. And then breakfast, and another dinner...and lunch....and quite a lot of carrot cake. All delicious, and all made lovingly in line with our vegetarian needs. Jurie's mushroom-and-potato mash, specifically, was a culinary highlight.

My favourite thing about Flitwick is how many places there are to sit and do...nothing. Or, in my case, read. All we did, all weekend, was read and write in the most beautiful surroundings. There are lounges with comfy sofas, tables alongside the dam, pergolas across quaint little bridges and benches on islands and under trees. There's a library room with more inviting reading nooks, and a games room with pool and table tennis tables. An old grain silo in the centre of the homestead has been converted into an inviting mineral pool, and the activities available to children seem without end. For the energetic, there are hikes and mountain bike trails to explore, ranging from sedate 2km rambles to 22km mini-marathons. Hubby and I resolved to do those...next time.

And there will be a next-time. We're busy people with busy lives, and finding such a restful haven to which we can occasionally retreat for a recharge has inspired me to plan return visits as regularly as possible.

A special Thank You to Jurie and Charlotte for their wonderful hospitality.

Room tip: Bull Stables is you're looking for romance, and Cheese Factory if you're with the kids or want a self-catering option
Date of stay: December 2020
Reviewed 15 November 2020 via mobile

We were two couples staying for two nights. Rooms are rustic but beautifully appointed. Relaxed and peaceful atmosphere. Excellent restuarant. Friendly and helpful personnel. Mountain biking and walking trails. Birding. Beautiful place!

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple