The Neuk Guest House
  • Breakfast included
US$111
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
All reviewsmitchell parkbars and restaurantsflorida roadthe main househaleyluxuryguesthousebedroomcomfort
Reviewed 21 January 2016

I stayed at Neuk for over a week for a business trip and this guest house made it look like home.
In the heart of Durban city, the Neuk is the most convenient place we could find. Mitchell Park is just across the road, Florida street on 5-minute walk. Haley, with her family makes it very comfortable for you. Breakfast is incredible; garden is beautiful; furniture, magazines, paint, pictures, everything is designed excellently.
Need a cab? Haley can call it for you. Need halal foods? She's got a catalog of restaurants to order from. Just want someone to chat about your work... you get the point.
A five-star experience for unbelievable price. Looks more like a hobby than business for this family.

Room Tip: Just tell them your comfort needs and let them amaze you
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
Haley W, Owner at The Neuk Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2016

Hi Owais,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review. It was an absolute pleasure to have you stay with us and I am so glad you made the most of your time in Durban and got to explore our city. I'm so happy that you felt at home and we certainly hope to see you in the future. Keep well and chat soon.

Reviewed 5 January 2016

I am regular visitor of Durban during festive seasons and I have stayed in different B n B's but this one..this one was extra special. The place was beautiful, we had booked into the lemon cottage outside and we loved everything about it. It was private, the aircon was in excellent order, the breakfast was delicious, hospitality from Haley and Co. was 5 star. We are definitely coming back here. It's worth every penny spent.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Haley W, Owner at The Neuk Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2016

Hi Lerato,

Thank you for your awesome review, I really do appreciate it. It was great meeting you and Nkosi and lovely to have you stay with us and I am so happy that we will have a new regulars the Neuk :)

Thanks again and see you soon.

Reviewed 30 December 2015

Beautiful room, out of this world bathroom. Breakfast a great choice , and even had marmite to hand we arrived out if usual check in time, and was Christmas Day but this was not a problem, greeted with friendly hospitality.

Room Tip: Great seating area out side the lemon tree room
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Haley833, Owner at The Neuk Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2015

Hi Rebecca,

Thank you so much for booking with us and for your great review :) I am so glad you and Andy had a great stay. Enjoy the rest of your holiday and look forward to seeing you on your next Durban trip.

Reviewed 15 December 2015

Stayed here 4 nights for work. This is an amazing guesthouse and Haley and her family make you feel completely at home and provide everything you need! The garden area is beautiful. Breakfast (Haley makes an incredible omelet) is a joy with a good variety of fruits and juices on hand! The rooms are comfortable and the location close to Florida Road (short walk), Mitchell Park (just across the street), and the Botanical Garden is very convenient. The whole place is set up very tastefully and the sofas downstairs are an extremely comfortable place to sit and work.
The Neuk is five star service at nowhere near the cost of fancy shmancy hotel. Can't imagine why I'd stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
Haley833, Owner at The Neuk Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2015

Hi Ali,
Thank you so much for your brilliant review, I really appreciate hearing from you and I am very happy to hear the omelet was a hit :) It was lovely meeting you and only a pleasure to have you stay with us. I hope to have you stay with us in the future. Thanks again.

Reviewed 15 December 2015

I stayed for 4 nights and loved it. Haley and her parents were incredibly friendly and helpful to me. Breakfast was sensational (Haley trained chef) spoilt for choice. You are situated opposite a beautiful park, great coffee on the corner and a variety of top restaurants on Florida Road 10 minute walk away. One of the best B&B/Guest Houses I have stayed in, I travel a lot worldwide and am pretty fussy. Trust me on this, it was the best and I will return. Thank you

Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hi Derek,

Thank you so much for staying with us. It was great having you stay with us and we certainly look forward to your next stay.

Thank you for your lovely review, I really do appreciate it.

Enjoy the rest of your stay in RSA, and I hope you have some great adventures and stories for the grandkids!

Thanks again