Book now, pay at stay
US$61
US$52
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$58/night.

Free cancellation until 04/08
US$145
US$132
US$129
US$123
US$142
US$129
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$150/night.

The Benjamin(Durban)
Travelocity
US$110
US$77
Agoda.com
All reviewshuge balconyno porkconference venueexcellent servicebuffet dinnerroom was spaciousthe hotel is cleanshort staykeep up the good workhouse keepingexcellent stayreception areapleasant staybusiness tripenjoyed my stayhome away from homeestablishment
Reviewed 10 February 2018

Coastlands Hotel Experience

Service was pathetic. My booking was not even registered on their system. I had to walk 3 times to my room, because my key card was not working. At last one of the managers accompany me to my room and he on the 3rd attempt realised that something is wrong with the key card or the door. He used his key card and the door opened. When we walked into my room, there was a stink smell in the room, which was really bad. Manager apologised for this and suggested I leave my luggage in the room and he will find another room for me. I went to the restaurant while he is busy sorting another room for me.

5 min later he came to me and took me to another new room. They have now upgraded me to a suite (408). This was obviously nice of them to remedy my situation. The next morning I realised that my suite do not have any hot water. I had to wash in cold water, which obviously was just the cherry on the cake for me. I must admit I was referred to your hotel and was informed that you have a well run business and are providing professional service. All I can remember of Coastlands Musgrave is how I had to argue with your staff who seemed to not understand that I am still the customer. I will therefore not set my foot in your hotel for future visits to Durban.

Regards,

Leonardo Rangoly

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Leonardo R
Reviewed 9 February 2018

Outstanding service, very clean and convienient, the staff were very professional and always on the ball to make the guests stay extra ordinary.The location is perfect with great scenic views, awesome place with awesome service.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

The patrons walk around with the longest of faces. They dont greet, especially towards black people. The hotel itself has top notch facilities,a scenic view and great balconies but the negetives outweigh the positives.Yesterday there was a roudy group making a racket throughout the night in one of the rooms,shoting loud and moving furniture around. Also one of the room keepers opened our room while we were inside at night.The service here is the poorest Ive ever seen. What a shame because its a beautiful hotel.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Coastlands_Marketing, Public Relations Manager at Coastlands Musgrave Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2018

Dear Philani,

Thank you for staying at Coastlands Musgrave Hotel. I regret to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us,

Thank you for bringing our staff's conduct to my attention, we pride ourselves in training our staff to deliver highest standard of service, I regret to hear that this was not the quality of service you received. I have reported the matter, along with the intrusive housekeeping visit and it is being addressed.

Please do not hesitate to contact our friendly front desk staff with any concerns or queries you may have in the future, they are always at your disposal, ready to assist you.

Thank you for your review, your experience is important to us and we value your feedback.

Here's wishing you a lovely week ahead and safe travels. We look forward to welcoming you back to an improved experience.

Reviewed 31 January 2018

It was nice to stay in Coast lands hotel Durban. The only drawback is that there is no city center nearby. Environment was good specially a big balcony outside where I could sit and smoke. Overall a good experience.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank 464aslamp

Dear 464aslamp,

Thank you for staying at Coastlands Musgrave Hotel , I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We thoroughly enjoyed having you as our guest.

Thank you for your lovely review, we strive to create memorable experiences and your feedback helps us achieve this. I am pleased to hear that we could provide you with a pleasant experience and that you enjoyed all the comforts your room had to offer.

We are approximately a 10-15 minute drive away from the CBD, our friendly staff our always at your disposal ready to offer any advise you may need. I regret to hear that they did not assist you with the aforementioned information. Please accept my sincere apology for any inconvenience caused.

Here's wishing you a wonderful week ahead and safe travels. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 31 January 2018

Good service friendly staff room was clean and neat the breakfast was delicious and good food. Will definitely recommend to others looking for a top quality hotel in the area close to all amenities...

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank X2392UNas

Dear Coastlands Musgrave Hotel guest,

Thank you for your lovely review, we strive to create memorable experiences and your feedback helps us achieve this. I am pleased to hear that we could provide you with a pleasant stay and that you enjoyed our expertly prepared breakfast buffet.

I would like to take the time to thank you for commending our staff's dedication to service excellence, I will pass your lovely compliment onto our team, they will be delighted to receive such positive feedback.