“Traditional B&B hospitality”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Durban
Honeycomb Guest House
Ranked #179 of 258 Durban B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 November 2015

Overall I was happy that the company had booked this place for me to stay. The last review on Trip Advisor was 2012 so I did not know what I would find!

The owners are very friendly and gave me a warm welcome. The road ( now called Kenneth Kaunda road) is busy at peak times but was quiet overnight.Secure off street parking. Also once upstairs ( rooms 3 -6) there was no traffic noise at all. Room was very clean, modern flat screen TV, good wi-fi and everything one needs for a good night's sleep. ( aircon or ceiling fan for the Durban heat)

Breakfast was prepared to order by Penny herself. The scrambled egg and fresh crispy bacon was most welcome. The only criticism was no fresh fruit was available or offered.

Pool and garden area looked very relaxing if one has some time to enjoy it. Rooms 1 and 2 open out onto the pool area - great unless there are noisy swimmers! If I am in the area again I would return, as Honeycomb offers value for money for travelers on a budget.

Stayed: November 2015

Reviewed 18 December 2012

Hi Marq & Penny

Lovely sea views and close to the shops.

Fantastic stay with you, it was a home from home, and the food was excellent, we will be there again soon !

Would recomend this B&B for any business or personal trip.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Ian H
Marq S, Owner at Honeycomb Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2012

Hi there Glenis and Ian,
It was great meeting you and we really enjoyed those interesting chats.
Hope the rest of trip here in Sunny South Africa was successful and enjoyable.
Thank you for your review.
Hope to see you again soon.
Onwards & upwards
Penny & Marq

Reviewed 7 December 2012

We had such a pleasant stay at Honeycomb. The room was lovely and very comfortable and the hospitality first class. Lovely sea views were just the cherry on top. Run by a lovely couple who treated us like family, we would recommend this B&B anyday.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Nomad61Perth
Marq S, Owner at Honeycomb Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2012

Hi there,
Glad you had a great stay.
We hope to see you soon again when you visit SA again.
Thanks for the review
Onwards & Upwards
Marq & Penny

Reviewed 2 December 2012

A big THANK YOU to Penny and her sidekick Marq for a great two week stay in Durban...

Our work there was stressful and coming "home" to the Honeycomb guest house made it all that much more bearable...

Probably the coolest Guest House I have ever stayed in and I have stayed in many around the world..

Even if I was offered a 6 star hotel on my next trip to Durban --I would turn it down and ask to stay at the Honeycomb!!

So thank you very much again for all your kind and generous hsopitality!

Luke

Room Tip: All beds and rooms are great
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Marq S, Owner at Honeycomb Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2012

Hi there Luke,
It was a pleasure hosting you here at Honeycomb.
Thank you for your kind words.
We will see when you when you are next in Durban needing accommodation.
Kind regards
Penny and her 'Sidekick' Marq

Reviewed 28 January 2012

I stayed at Honeycomb Guest House just before Christmas. It's a great location in Durban, central to both the city and suburbs, with lovely views of the sea. The hospitality of both Penny and Marq was phenominal, they were very warm and welcoming, and I immediately felt at home. The room was spacious and the bed incredibly comfy, there's even a pool to dip in during summer. My best bit was definitely the breakfast (discovered Pepperdew salt!) and the only negative I could say is it's a tight driveway, but manageable, I'll definitely be staying again on my next visit to Durban - thank you for having me!

Room Tip: I was in a twin room which had ample space, and I imagine all the rooms are similar in space ratio t...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kaitlin M
Marq S, Owner at Honeycomb Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2012

Hi there Kaitlin,
Many thanks for your kind words and review.
Much appreciated