US$122
Book now, pay at stay
US$129
US$100
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$133/night.

US$82
US$84
US$92
US$77
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

Remember going to your grandmother’s home and seeing her old encyclopedias? Now, remember opening them up and the musty, moldy smell that permeated throughout the room? That is what this room felt like and smelt like.

Good:

- On beachfront
- Spacious Room
- Good Bed
- Decent Breakfast
- Restaurant downstairs has good “bunny chow”

Bad:

- Staff (non existent or too overwhelmed to help)
- Phone didn’t work
- Wifi dodgy, at best
- Toilet ran all day, all night
- Neighbourhood is fine during day, but at night.... be on alert!
- Door was loose
- No safebox (when and where you need it most)

I am super upset at myself because this is the 1 hotel that I didn’t research in detail.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed there for 6 days and it was not a pleasant experience at all.
Things that worked well:
- great location, right on the beach front and it’s easy to access the beach front even in the night
- good breakfast and lovely team
- good room cleaning service
- spacious rooms
Things that make this place bad:
- worst reception team - they don’t listen to your needs and work like robots. Absolute apathy towards guests
- rooms smell bad and old
- AC didn’t work for the first 2 days and it was horrible. Made 8 complaints and they didn’t bother to check or repair. Finally on 3rd day noon, after a stern request they gave us adjoining room but no apology or even offer to help in moving the things. Worst is that they changed new AC for all the rooms in 5th floor, except the room we stayed. This shows that they knew about the AC problem but still allocated a room to us and never bothered to act
- literally no Wi Fi and their standard answer, it was working fine, but it just went down
- they don’t check on customer satisfaction and I don’t think they are bothered about it since they have good occupancy rate among locals.
- avoid this place at any cost
- staying here spoilt our holiday experience

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rmkarthik
Petra P, General Manager at Gooderson Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2017

Thank you most sincerely for bringing your concerns to our attention and my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience that was caused to you.
Any criticism, albeit negative, is taken very seriously in our constant endeavour to make our Guest’s experience at Beach Hotel more pleasurable.

Please be advised that all the issues you raised in your email will be investigated and will most certainly be dealt with at the highest level.
Feedback like this is very valuable to us and I will definitely be using your feedback as a tool to help improve in certain areas.

I am very proud of our resort, the facilities that it has to offer and the service we deliver, hence I am deeply disappointed and saddened that we at Beach Hotel did not meet your expectations.
Please be assured that your concerns have not fallen on deaf ears and I will personally make sure our shortfalls are rectified.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

If you looking for the best Durban curry then go and eat at the Beach Hotel. I recommend the lamb curry and rice. you will get the best taste with the Asiatic touch of Durban. The restaurant is sea facing but if you are a smoker you will struggle because, though it's an open area, the entire place is non smoking.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Themba H
Management response:Responded 8 September 2017

Thank you for the time to write a review on tripadvisor. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our famous curries and thank you for the recommendation. Due to the strict law on smoking, we are unable to offer smoking sections. Looking forward to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

If all you need is a bed and running water, and maybe just one night, then ok, stay at this hotel - right on the beachfront. If musty and moldy smells, old furnishings, noise and poor housekeeping doesn't trouble you, then yes, do check in. The neighborhood is dodgy and the surrounding eateries nothing to be desired. Our stay was by default, and NEVER again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank KDKindie
Management response:Responded 23 August 2017

We are very proud of our hotel, the facilities that it has to offer and the service we deliver, hence I am deeply disappointed and saddened that we at Beach Hotel did not meet your expectations.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

The minute you enter the place, its a nightmare. the reception area was muddy and wet and smelled horrible. a chemical that was irritating to my eyes.

The parking space at the back is worse and very dodgy, the cables all over and that horrible smell. the rooms are humidity and dusty too. I will never return to such a place.

I was referred to 7th floor when I requested the iron. the iron room is untidy and with a sink that had drain blockage remaining on it.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 25 May 2017

Dear Idah

Thank you for your review on tripadvisor. Any critism, albeit negative, is taken very seriously in our constant endeavour to make Guest's experience more pleasurable.

To respond on your negatives. We take care of our reception area and a cleaner is allocated to make sure our reception is spotless. Also we could not trace the chemical smell stated in your review.

We are very proud of our hotel and facilities we offer, hence we are deeply dissapointed and saddened that we didn't meet your expectations.

Please be assured that your concerns about the iron room has not fell on deaf ears and our shortfalls will be rectified.