US$98
US$108
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$129/night.

US$62
US$54
  • Breakfast included
Free cancellation until 28/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$125
US$101
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$135/night.

US$73
US$152
US$130
Cancelon
  • Pool
All reviewssea viewgolden milesuncoast casinomoses mabhida stadiumbuffet breakfastdurban beachfronttv channelsindian oceanrooms are spaciousreception areamarine paradebalconypromenadeporterestablishment
Reviewed 14 February 2018

The fire alarm went off and the hotel was evacuated to across the road where a role call was taken.
We were allocated a room, which was a bit pokey, at Suncoast Towers -down the road, but we were glad that we had somewhere to go.
We returned the following day to be told that the hotel would be shut for the rest of the week, we were on the 8th floor, my wife and two porters packed up and brought all our bags down.Could not have been more helpful.They should have known what to do as they had had a fire in May 2016!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brewersfriend
BlueW, Guest Services Liaison at Blue Waters Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Dear Valued Guest. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your stay. We did experience an unexpected municipality electrical fault which was beyond our control We thank you for your understanding, and we do sincerely hope that you will consider choosing the Blue Waters as a future holiday destination. Yours in Hospitality, Kirsten Anthony, Guest Services Liaison.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

We were evacuated on Sunday 28/01/2018 due to a fire at the hotel, firstly there was no awareness from the staff that it is a fire alarm we had to call reception and was told everything is under control and we need to evacuate.
We were taken across the road in a very un-organised manner.
We were then re located to another hotel, stuffed into a room and made waiting, NO ONE from the hotel came to re assure the guests, we had to ask for updates on numeral occasions, we were eventually addressed by Monique, who is the rudest person I have ever met, not listening to guests and only concerned about herself
We were eventually transferred to the Protea Hotel Edward, with NONE of our belongings, we were to embark on a MSC cruise the morning of 29/01/2018.when we enquired about something to eat at the hotel we were told only bed and breakfast are arranged for us, UNACCEPTABLE TREATMENT to guests once again, it took a lot of fighting to get something eventually.
We were not given ONE update from the hotel staff as to when we can get our belongings or what is happening,
I do not even want to start with all the trauma my children has been through.
I had to unfortunately make use of your facility again on Friday 02/02/2018 as I was owed credit, when we checked in we were told ok the room is ready as it was not occupied the night before, housekeeping just had to check it, amazing that it took them more than 3 hours to check the room and we were sitting again like idiots waiting, it felt as if we were made to wait on purpose.
If that is not all, we knew that there were no air cons available as all power were not restored, we never had any power in the room later that night surely reception could have informed us, the children were to scared to go to sleep what if there is a fire again, is what they asked.
I cancelled accommodation in Umhlanga for this time as I wanted to support Blue Waters as it was more convenient, what a disaster.

I do not know if I will ever make use of your facility again or recommend it to family or friends.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank Carnelle V
BlueW, Guest Relations Manager at Blue Waters Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2018

Dear Carnelle

We had approximately 540 guests in house which were safely evacuated thanks to our stringent fire policies and procedures. All guests were placed in an equivalent 4 star hotel at a higher cost to the Blue Waters Hotel, including dinner and breakfast.

No Guests were allowed to enter in or to collect their luggage, for safety reasons from their rooms until the Fire Marshall in Charge gave the all clear.

Once this was done, updates were given, by our staff to all the hotels that we asked assistance from during this crisis.
All guests were transported free to and from Blue Waters hotel to the other hotels at Blue Waters expense.

All guests were treated with respect and firmness to ensure all our guests were booked hotels in an orderly fashion.
All guests could elect to stay at another hotel of their choice when returning from the MSC cruise and arrangements were made for you at the Protea Edward Hotel. All guests were informed that there would be no air conditioning throughout the hotel, since not all the power had been restored.

You opted to returned to the Blue Waters Hotel out of your own volition. A room on the 5th floor was prepared for you, as an early check in, however you wished for a higher floor room. This room unfortunately did take longer to prepare since an extra bed was requested as well as extra amenities.

Yours in hospitality
Lindie Lotriet
Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 1 February 2018

After the MSC were stranded and passengers were running late by a day and half, we had to re book our room. The hotel wanted to know nothing about just move our date on with 1 day. They had a 100% cancellation. We had to pay for the room again. What was really upsetting, is that MSC booked in guest from Durban into their hotel for the night, it is not that the hotel lost anything. In fact, my opinion is, they made quite a few ZAR profit. Due to confirmed bookings that had to be cancelled, they charged 100% cancellation fee, MSC booked guest into their hotel, again they were paid for rooms.
The hotel itself, we could find no fault, clean, spacious rooms, good views, breakfast were superb.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Annatjie D

Dear Valued Guest. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your stay. Please kindly contact The Msc with regards to the inconvenienced caused to your delay, as we did accommodate all guests at Blue Waters Hotel, We look forward to your return stay with us. Yours in Hospitality, Kirsten Anthony, Guest Services Laision.

Reviewed 23 January 2018

Clean, Friendly Staff, Stunning view, Close to a few attractions, Right by the beach, Parking is no hassle and Breakfast included what more could you ask?

I had an amazing stay at this hotel as I took my parents to visit Durban (They had never been before) and this Hotel was just perfect. It was all I had expected and even more as I never budgeted for my mum to literally break a leg during our stay but the hotel happened to be very wheelchair friendly which really relieved me from some stress.

My only disgruntlement lied in the fact that the suite of two bedrooms and lounge has one bathroom in one of the bedrooms, which don't quiet make sense to me.

I personally would come back to this place anytime I'm in Durban.

Stayed: January 2018
BlueW, Guest Relations Manager at Blue Waters Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2018

Dear Valued Guest. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your stay. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your return in the near future. Yours in Hospitality, Lindie Lotriet, Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Good stay. Room was clean and had a nice sea view. Staff friendly. Duty manager on duty on saturday 20 jan at 8:30am. This gentleman is a star and went out of his way for me.New lounge on 1st floor looks very nice. Breakfast was top class. Well done blue waters

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your stay. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are pleased to hear that you received excellent service from Kevin our Duty Manager. We look forward to your return in the near future. Yours in Hospitality, Lindie Lotriet, Guest Services Manager