All reviews umgeni river conference facilities comfortable hotel noise levels conference venue curry durban north sea facing room business trip a lovely stay hops stadium kettle umhlanga security africa
Reviewed 14 August 2018

I took my mom for this experience she turns in Sept 75 years.this will be her fist ever experience to stay in a hotel.she was so great full to have done it.My Mom's word was this was the best holiday even it was so short time.Keep up the good work

Room Tip: If I can change something in the room it will be a lazy boy chair to relax on.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2018

My booking was cancelled without me being notified. Both the manager and Indian lady at reception took no accountability for this and shifted the blame to booking.com. I even showed the same lady at reception that Trivago says I’m already checked in at the hotel but it made no difference. This was a major inconvenience considering that we traveled from Jhb to Durban and to be told on the day of arrival that my booking was cancelled and no effort was made to reach out to me is beyond appalling.

Room Tip: Not applicable
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank kngqub920738
leeannb793, Director of Sales at Riverside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Dear kngqub920738

Thank you for your comments.
We are as disappointed as you are that you could not stay for the weekend as you had planned as unfortunately the hotel was fully booked and although we made a plan to accommodate you for the first night, we could not extend your stay.

We have investigated what went wrong and can advise that we did inform Booking.Com the channel that you used to book your accommodation that the credit card was invalid as is the procedure for the hotel. Booking.Com then sent the hotel a cancellation note as they said that your card details had not been updated. Please note that the cancellation was not done by the hotel and all procedures were followed.
I trust that this clarifies this unfortunate situation and we do hope that you will consider the Riverside in the future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 9 August 2018

Stayed at this great hotel for a one night business trip and was very impressed. Check in was a dream and completed in a very friendly 3 minutes flat. The decor is exceptional and welcoming. The room is sparklingly clean, the pillows and bed very comfortable. Dinner was ok but breakfast was great. Loved this hotel and I will be back!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

I had an opportunity to attend a business conference at this establishment, what I liked the most is the food and ample parking space.They catered for everyone including halaal food for the attendees.I also went with my friends on a Friday evening to have some fun, my biggest highlight was seeing everyone enjoying themselves dancing to the karaoke.Everyone had a great time by the pool, the music was great people were dancing whilst enjoying the live performance regardless of race or colour we were a rainbow nation.The food was delicious, since they have happy hour of Fridays fun is always guaranteed.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 July 2018

I was on a business trip and stayed for three days at the hotel.
Room, Service and Cleanliness was very good and the value for money was good. Breakfast was ok, but had already better breakfast with more selection at other hotels.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business