“Terrible experience”
Review of Ulundi Restaurant

Ulundi Restaurant
Ranked #449 of 678 Restaurants in Durban
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This is the second time I have dined at this place. Both times there was no vegetarian options available. Just about every option I chose from the menu was not available. The place does not even serve tea or coffee. Their beverage range is limited to soft drinks and alcohol. Eventually the chef made a special butter bean curry for me. Its tasted like it was straight out of a can. Was one of the worst curries I have even eaten. I definitely do not recommend anyone to go there.

1  Thank RaaSingh

Reviewed 3 June 2013

I stumbled upon this place by chance as I was in the area. What a great place that not alot off people know about. The service was over and above my expectation and they always willing to make you feel comfortable. As for the food- its prepared fresh and was very tasty not forgetting very resonable (even the drinks). I had the chicken and chips, which was more the average portion. Special request can be made with the kitchen as well- if you require anything further. I also discovered that special events like birthday parties can be held at the restaurant, as they even have space for a band or DJ and a dancefloor. For a place thats secure/ good food/ and pretty waiteresses and waiters :) ...Ulundi restaurant is the place to be. Can not wait for my next visit

3  Thank Suveer S
Reviewed 1 June 2013

We recently had our monthly lunch meeting at the Ulundi Restaraunt and enjoyed an awesome experience. Service was friendly helpful and great. Waitresses made provisions to ensure we were comfortable and accomodated all our requests. Food was well presented sumptious and showed evidence of being prepared with lots of love and passion. Whilst traditional Indian food form bulk of the menu other popular favourites are included. Apparently a more jazzy atmosphere is had on Friday & Saturday night when the live bands perform . I recommend the Restaraunt as meals are value for money and tasty I will be revisiting to experience the night scene. Ample secured paid parking is provided at the The Royal Hotel .

3  Thank Annil M