“The Best Bunny Chow in Durban”
Review of Goundens

Goundens
Ranked #41 of 641 Restaurants in Durban
Reviewed 26 March 2017

Not much has changed about this hidden gem that used to be located at the back of a workshop. New location, same incredibly delicious food. Their Mutton Bunny is by far the best in Durban. Excellent service, great food. An all-round good experience.

Reviewed 3 March 2017

Goundens has always been a place to go to for reliable quality bunnychows. Really tasty and fresh. Heaven in a quarter-loaf.

Reviewed 15 February 2017

Goundens has been my favourite in years. When lazy to cook and mouth tingling for a good south indian curry, Goundens is the place to go. Have tried lots of other places but nothing teases the taste buds like Goundens, closest to home curry you'll ever get.

Reviewed 11 February 2017 via mobile

Authentic Durban curry. Excellent service. Chicken and prawn curry is a definite winner. Highly recommended!

1  Thank Sachin M
Reviewed 5 January 2017

I recently visited my brother in Durban. He stays in Glenwood and had previously told me about this famous curry den that was the talk of the town. I had also read about Goundens in food reviews and was keen to try out their curries. We therefore popped down to Goundens to pick up some mutton bunnies for lunch. The service was quick, the portions were good and the price was fair. However, I like to taste my food without having steam coming out of my ears. My mouth was on fire and I thought that I had swallowed a mouthful of paint stripper. Sorry guys, but I am not into this macho Durban stuff. An epic fail to Goundens for not provided the option of a mild or medium heat curry. The delicious Bangladeshi and Pakistani curries from Fordsburg beat you hands down.