“Best Goam curry ever!”
Review of Panaji

Panaji
Ranked #69 of 641 Restaurants in Durban
Reviewed 21 March 2017 via mobile

OMG! The best Goam mutton curry ever! We had to wait around 30 minutes for the main but it was worth every second. Absolutely delicious. Hubby got the mutton bunny chow and our friends got the prawn curry. All was wonderful. Samosas were great as a starter. The Naan was freshly made and great. We will put this on our list for years to come!

Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

Always a must visit now on my KZN travels and the prawn goan curry never disappoints while fellow diners always compliment whatever they order - repeat offender of great authentic curry dishes at good value - will be back!

Reviewed 2 February 2017 via mobile

My GF and I went there with hopes of having good Indian food seeing as we were in durban for the holidays, and we were very surprised as this was the best Indian curries I've had so far outside of my own country, India, kudos to Panaji, they are right up on the top on my books when it comes to Indian food.

Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

As I visited this establishment with an Indian, from the mothership, I have it on good authority that this is the best authentic Indian meal you'll get out of India.
We enjoyed it so much after trying 2 Takeaway meals, we returned for lunch and got extra for supper.
I only wish I could stay in Durban and try everything on their varied menu.
If you live in Durban - put their number on your speed dial and menu on your fridge. If not, make sure you try it when you get in Durban.

Reviewed 27 January 2017

We have visited this restaurant on a couple of occasions, and while the decor is drab, and the ambience is best described as "absent", the quality of the food has always carried the day. Goan dishes are the house speciality.

Sadly, today, our protests at what appeared to be mould on the roti and an hour plus wait for our food (other patrons who arrived much later seemed to receive their orders with alacrity) were met with arrogance and denial. Supposedly the mould (I am sure that a forensic laboratory would have corroborated my misgivings) was actually only some blacking from the tawa - really, just along one section of the perimeter of the flatbread? And the other party's order was punched in first, apparently. I never quite understood why, when we had already consumed at least a a glass of wine before they arrived.

To cut a long story short, this could be Durban's premier curry destination, but I prefer courtesy and manners. More expensive offerings in the city do not necessarily offer better food, but certainly more class. The restaurant menu makes reference to being "humble". Humility failed to make an appearance, and the suspect roti was removed from the bill only with lashings of bad grace.

Do yourselves a favour. Don't Goa near. Goa away. In a hurry...