Blue Horizon Southbroom(Southbroom)(Great Value!)
US$77
Beachcomber Bay(Margate)(Great Value!)
US$64
San Lameer Resort Hotel & Spa(Southbroom)(Great Value!)
US$72
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$70
US$106
Barefoot B & B(Southbroom)(Great Value!)
US$42
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$123
US$63
Margate Sands(Margate)
Hotels.com
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

I stayed over with my partner last night, we arrived very late and we're prepared to leave early this morning. To my surprise there was no hot water in our room which made for a very unpleasant cold shower at 5:30am. Upon check out I mentioned the problem to Thabiso at reception who responded with only a shrug of his shoulders. When pressed further he said I should have let the taps run for a while, which I had tried. He then said I was supposed to let the taps run for at least 20 minutes and then the hot water would have come out. By this point the conversation was going nowhere and I needed to resume my journey, i therefore left without seeking further explanation.
If there was any issue with water I would expect at the very least to be informed of this on check in, furthermore the fact that guests are expected to run open taps for 20 minutes before a bath or shower is a great environmental concern, especially given the fact that we have just recently experienced a severe drought.
My complaint was handled very poorly by Thabiso and I do hope this issue is addressed.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2017

I last stayed over in 2008, Then the room were old fashioned and in dire need of a make over. Now I am glad to say the rooms are all furnished in modern clean look, and the bathrooms have also been redone. So much nicer and has a real modern hotel look. Sadly there is still no ramp to the first floor and I had to haul my case up and down the stairs, not good. Also there is no bar fridge in the room either. And the ladies of the night who now stand in front of the hotel all night, unfortunately minimise the new found gains.

Room Tip: Rather get a room facing the sea , even though its more expensive, as there is a lot of noise and traffic on the opposite side
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 December 2015

stayed over in margate hotel while hosting a conference using their facilities
the conference room setup was great with water,mints and pen and paper and a projector,flipchart as well as chairs and tables....thanks to the staff for the effort and the receptionist was friendly and helpful.the IT technician was also quick to help and efficient
keg staff was efficient with the in-room dining service
the parking needs extra security and the rooms I could see they are being upgraded,our bathroom was newly refurbished and bed was comfortable but carpets in the passage was a little smelly and wardrobe was a little old
the facilities would do with a lift
I would recommend a mid week stay or a room away from the street side as weekends there is a noise from the streets throughout the night
breakfast was great and the view of the ocean magnificent

Stayed: October 2015
Judd S, Public Relations Manager at Margate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2016

Dear UnathiNodada,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Your comments mean the world to us. We apologise for the unpleasanties you experienced. These points have been escalated to management. On the more positive points you brought up, we are pleased that we were able to meet your needs and expectations.

We looking forward to seeing you and accommodating your next conference.

Reviewed 30 November 2015

What an absolutely awful experience. Will never, ever stay here again. Booked telephonically a room for one night. Arrived from Johannesburg. Check in was swift and efficient and received a passcode for entry to the parking area. Room was nice, clean and had a little balcony with a view on the pool and ocean. As it was a Saturday night we went to bed around 22:00 but was aware of the noice coming from the nearby nightclub/disco or whatever, but was not too concerned. At 01:00 on Sunday morning we woke up with the noice from the nightclub plus there were now a biker and someone in a double cap bakkie revving their vehicles to high heaven in the parking area. They were NOT guests as they left sometime later. So...no security on the gate and the passcode means nothing. At 03:00 we woke up again with people walking up and down the passage calling out to their friends - obviously did not know in which room they were - to open up and now looking for a place to sleep. This racket carried on for about 45 minutes.(The disco/nightclub noise was also still going on.) Doors slamming, laughing, loud calls and running in the passage. Once again - no security. We got up at 05:00 and decided to leave as early as possible only to find that there were no hot water. So we left without a shower and without breakfast. Did complain, manager phoned me, apologised but also said she cannot take responsibility for what people do in the hotel at night nor for faults to the plumbing. She undertook to pay our money back. Don't think that management really has the guests best interests at heart and this hotel seriously needs a jack-up of their security.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank 1Wilma1
Judd S, Public Relations Manager at Margate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2015

Dear Wilma.

Thank you for your review and for bringing this to our attention. We value your feedback and sincerely apologise that you had to experience this while staying with us. We strive to provide all our guests with an excellent experience.

This matter of overly loud guests will be brought up at our management meeting, to ensure that a situation like this does not take place again.

Thank you for choosing Margate Hotel and apologies again for your unpleasant experience while staying at us.

Kind regards

Reviewed 20 October 2015 via mobile

Overall not a bad experience! The check in was quick and easy and staff was friendly and helpful. My only complaint would be, no two prong plugs in the room and none available! The T.V stations also not set properly as no sound on some of the stations. A little 'attention to detail' will go a long way, Small things make a big difference! Breakfast was great! Happy. Thank you Margate Hotel Team.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
Judd S, Public Relations Manager at Margate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2015

Thank you for the lovely review!