“Never disappointed”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 July 2018

I send a lot of clients to this restaurant and every now and then go there myself to check. Not one person has ever come back disappointed. The service is good and the food is of highest standard. An excellent place to take important business partners to.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I am in Margate without my family and was looking for a place that offers a good meal at a good price and something not too formal. From the outside the property looks a little dim and can actually throw you off.
By chance I asked the car guard which of the 2 restaurants (there was another next to Friar) does he recommend and he told me that the Friar is always busy, so I went on his input and my gut.
Upon entering the property the decor does seem like something out of a western cowboy movie but I will as acknowledged within 5 steps and directed to a seat.
I asked my waiter for his recommendation and he recommended the oxtail, it so divine and falling off the bone...
My two cents worth is never judge a place from the exterior not by negative reviews you read.

I will definitely go back especially when I have my family with me.

Thanks to the staff at Friar

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Might hv been the best steakhouse in 2003 but i think that was were they got stuck in terms of decor, although they need a serious revamp - keeping the theme- the food was ok. Large portions and the veggie bake was good. Patties on the burgers was real meat and sauces thick and creamy.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 11 January 2018

While the decor is quaint all "Robin Hood'sy" we found the service to be slow and the food average. I ordered the outlaw chicken and I think judging by how long it took to arrive that the bounty is still out on him

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 7 December 2017

Food is ok. Furniture and setting is quite rustic. They don't celebrate birthdays - not even a cupcake.

Date of visit: December 2017