“Try some focaccia!”
Review of Olive & Oil

Olive & Oil
Price range: US$10 - US$16
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Whatever the occasion, when dining at Olive & Oil, we aim to imbue our Guests with a sense of well-being and comfort. Our friendly staff will be on hand to indulge you with the finest traditions of the Mediterranean – exceptional food and unrivaled hospitality. Our motto is simple; comfortable food made exceptionally well!
Reviewed 24 September 2015

My husband and I had dinner at Olive and Oil last week and were so pleasantly surprised! We spontaneously decided to go out, and found Olive and Oil on TA. Seeing the prices on the menu online, we were a bit nervous that this restaurant would be too fancy for us, as we hadn't dressed up at all, but staff was very accommodating, even despite the fact that we hadn't made a reservation (though I would advise making one if you plan in advance; the host said they can get pretty busy some nights). Our waitress was very friendly and attentive. Stopped at our table often enough to make sure everything was going well. And the food was AMAZING. A bit pricey (by South African standards), but definitely worth it in my opinion. We started with drinks and complimentary olives on the table, then got the cheese and garlic focaccia as an appetizer, which I HIGHLY recommend. Yum! Especially good with the olive oil and balsamic dipping sauce on the table. I got the Mediterranean Chicken, which had very generous portions of chicken with the noodles and sauce, not to mention some of the most tender chicken I've ever tasted! My husband had the Haloumi & Basil Chicken, which was DELICIOUS. I kept stealing bites off his plate. We didn't try any dessert as we were so full from the amazing meal, but I'm sure they would have been just as good. I can't wait to go back again and try some more things off their menu!

Only one tip: we sat at a table near the entrance and as it was a pretty cold and dreary night, I kept getting a bit of a draft from the door opening, so I think next time I'd request a table further inside.

Reviewed 12 September 2015 via mobile

Just had a great meal out here with family. Happy birthday Tom and here is to great things. Thanks to the staff at Olive and Oil Cascades for the great service and oh that live music...all time favourite.

Reviewed 9 September 2015

Having spent an entire day travelling since very early morning,and arriving at our hotel, we decided to seek out somewhere to dine. We are in Pietermaritzburg and are unfamiliar with the dining landscape. We found this resaurant on the internet and phoned. They said we should come they would accommodate us. When we arrived we were warmly greeted and shown to a table. The menu was interesting and as I am a fan of Calamari, I decided to try their cajun style calamari, grilled with peri-peri sauce. Brenda ordered a herb encrusted line fish. Well the food arrived and as I know how tricky it is to cook calamari well, I jumped in. I could count the number of places that can cook calamari well on one hand, and this restaurant would be on that hand. It was sublime. Brenda's fish was also exceptionally well prepared. For dessert,I had to try their Creme Brulee. The dessert was also very good. However the level of service and attentiveness of the management and staff was exceptional, they made you feel welcome and well looked after (Which we were) There isno doubt that we would go back there and not hesitate to recommend it to friends.

1  Thank Silliusmillius53
Reviewed 5 September 2015 via mobile

Tuesday's seafood for two.

Well worth it in an excellent location with a great wine selection.

A bit cold outside with the heaters, but that's a small price to pay for the value and consistent service levels.

1  Thank AshishPMB
Reviewed 4 September 2015

Beautiful, stylish decorated restaurant. Had lunch with a few people and were seated in a little "cove". Service was very good and the food tasty and well presented.

1  Thank CorrieNaude