US$107
US$92
US$109
Lapalosa Lodge(Centurion)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmoroccan themerain showerclose to homemeeting venuemany waysbusiness tripservice was excellentzagoraconferencefoyeracjohannesburgcateringloungepremises
Reviewed 15 November 2016

Recently I had the pleasure of visiting the Royal Elephant Hotel in Centurion. I was part of a delegation that had attended the Cooperative Financial Institutions (CFI) Indaba (Conference). Before this I had just heard about this venue and I had never visited it until then. It is situated to the west of the N14 north along the M10 west. This is a beautiful and well cared for facility with electronic and physical security which is surrounded from east, north and west by wild natural forest and it is bordered by a river on the northern side. There is however a new residential development on the South, not a major set back though. The surrounding is clean and well kept.

The staff here are humble and sociable people who do not just see a tourist or visitor but another human being.

The rooms in which my colleagues and I were accommodated are en suite, large and well ventilated with a view to their beautiful garden. In the bathroom you are spoilt for choice, they provide both a bath and a shower. The bath comes handy on the day you really feel worn out, you could run your bath, add bath salts, which are provided for your comfort, relax and let your body soak in the water for those who prefer a sip of wine before bed, this is just an ideal moment. Otherwise you can take a quick shower and go on your way or to bed. I would have preferred the electric socket to have been nearer to my bed than where it is right now.

The restaurant is also big, you could be served on the ground level area or in the cellar- like arranged setting both of which offer a comfortable place to dine.
I am not a culinary guru, however, your choice of fruits, vegetables and various meats is wide. If you are around Pretoria or Johannesburg, it is ideal for those romantic evenings to rejuvenate your love.

They have standard size conferencing facilities that could accommodate about 30 people, but they also have a big enough facility for your bigger conference accommodating between 100 and 150 persons. The latter is well equipped with the sound system and monitors for those who may be seated at the back of the room, to feel part of the conference.

What impressed me most was the landscape as you exit the bigger conference hall from the north side, it slopes towards a serenely flowing river, with beautifully manicured lawns if you are a nature lover. Just as well the hospitality shown by the staff is commendable. I think that I may have to go back there sometime with my family and leave the city buzz and hustle, to take in all the beauty and quiet of the environment.

Room Tip: Generally quieter except the South where there is a busy road
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

Our company had a 2 day conference and team build at the Royal Elephant. The rooms were great with the most stunning bathrooms. The food was to die for. I will go there again for sure. There is a small pool as well for a relaxing family visit.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 October 2016

We had a full day conference at the Royal Elephant Hotel and Conference Centre. The hotel is easily located with numerous and visible signboards closer to the hotel. The Conference Centre facilty that was allocated to us were one of the bigger ones seeing that we were a big group of people. The grounds of the hotel is massive with a surrounding lake. Needless to say that there were a lot of mosquitoes that came from the lake and it was annoying once we sat down to have lunch. We were allocated the outside section of the dining area close to the lake and the stench that came form the lake was unbearable especially when we had our lunch. The hotel of course had no control over that but given the fact that they could smell the bad odours, they still put us in the outside dining area. The food was up to standard but we could not enjoy it due to the smell coming from the lake. The staff were visible and helpful to an extend.

Room Tip: Insist on eating inside the restuarant, far away from the lake with its mosquitoes.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 October 2016 via mobile

It was a "walk in" booking and they had a room available, as I expected from a place with such a star rating. At R400 for two people for breakfast I find it a little overpriced. Even one of the front desk staff agreed with me. The room was adequate but no turndown service was forthcoming and the air con wasn't even on, making the room stuffy as we walked in. Only 1 teaspoon with the complimentary coffees. And in the early morning the tv went to "pc" mode with no way to turn it off even. Staff were friendly though but for that price you'd expect a bit more attention to detail.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 August 2016 via mobile

Excellent vibe service food and wine Beautiful overnight facilities All over a fantastic experience
A jewel in the heart of Centurion week situated safe parking and now also a Spa Will use this facility soon Cognac delicious as well served in style

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
RoyalElephantHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Royal Elephant Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2016

Dear 723hermined

Thank you for the feedback received and for taking the time to write this review, we really appreciate it!

The feedback we receive is of utmost importance for us to “experience what the guest feels”, note the shortcomings, and continuously strive for higher standards.

Looking forward to welcome you back to the Royal Elephant Hotel & Conference Centre.

Kind regards