Royal Elephant Hotel & Conference Centre
Leriba Hotel(Centurion)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsmoroccan themerain showerseafood buffetamazing spaceclose to homemeeting venuebusiness tripservice was excellentzagoraconferencepretoriacomfortdelegationfoyerfireplacebathcatering
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 February 2017

I spent an overnight at the Royal Elephant as part of a conference package. The hotel wasn't busy so staff were attentive and readily available. The decor is not your usual hotel style, having high ceilings in the bedrooms, large bathrooms and large open showers. I found the bed comfortable and the aircon efficient, without being noisy.

Dinner was a la carte with a perfectly prepared rump steak and chips. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

The breakfast spread was average, but with enough variety to meet most needs. The breakfast service was the only negative. The wait staff chatted around the order capture station, out of sight of their tables. I had to go looking for service.

The hotel is situated on large grounds, allowing for an early morning walk in the mini 'countryside'.

I would recommend a visit.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
RoyalElephantHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Royal Elephant Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2017

Dear Andre H

Thank you for the feedback received and for taking the time to write this review, we really appreciate it!

The feedback we receive is of utmost importance for us to “experience what the guest feels”, note the shortcomings, and continuously strive for higher standards.

Looking forward to welcome you back to the Royal Elephant Hotel & Conference Centre.

Reviewed 4 February 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for business when my usual choices were fully booked.

I've had this happen to me before in South Africa and it hasn't worked out well so I must admit to having reservations.

I shouldn't have been concerned-The Royal Elephant didn't let me down.

Room was spacious, clean and air conditioned with a nice shower and bath. Only negatives were: wifi connection very poor when in room and a bit of noise from the roads outside. The latter wasn't a huge issue as the AC largely covered this up.

The grounds were nice with a river at the bottom and big enough for me to run around (a big plus).

Service was very good too.

My other minor gripe was that they advertise a pool but in reality it is more of a water feature-really no good for a swim or even lounging around.

All in all The Royal Elephant surpassed my expectations!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business

Dear Ian R

Reviewed 7 January 2017 via mobile

I've experienced everything this amazing space has to offer, I've used the hotel the mangwanani spa, their restaurants and I've even hosted at their conference facilities and I have yet to be disappointed, the staff all round is very helpful and friendly. The food is of impeccable quality and taste, my favorite meal ever to this day is their oxtail pie, the food options when hosting at the conference are really lovely and they offer external services such as sound. Truly one of my favorite spots in Pretoria.

Stayed: January 2017

Dear Divine R

Reviewed 23 November 2016 via mobile

Having a high level meeting with international guests and greatly disappointed with the meeting venue. Cramped and squashed into a bar area, not acceptable. Chose the venue due to always being satisfied with the service. Quite embarrassed with the meeting venue this time round

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 November 2016

We attended a Christmas function and stayed over at the hotel. Good breakfast and well appointed rooms. One issue with the door design which is constrained and leads to a problem pulling your bags through. Large bed and easy to use safe in wardrobe. All you need for a night away.

Room Tip: Best to be on the top floor - plumbing can be a bit noisy on the first foor
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple