“Exceptional in every way”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Open Skies Wilderness Expeditions
Ranked #15 of 29 things to do in Nelspruit
More attraction details
Owner description: Open Skies Wilderness Expeditions tailor makes tours and expeditions to suit all budgets and needs. Perfect for small groups or families looking for something different. Let us introduce you to the African Wilderness we like to call home.
Reviewed 31 March 2010

I've spent a lot of time in the bush staying in a variety of accommodation from camping to luxury lodges. Never have I felt more at home than with Open Skies. With Brian, its like being with an old friend. Relaxed and with lots of laughs. Brian's ability to spot and track game is unbelievable. Its like he's in tune with the bush and knows what is going to happen next! Quite an advantage in the bush! We saw such incredible game, we even saw a pangolin!
Anyway, very professional, worth every cent and I want to go back!

1  Thank InlovewithSA

Reviewed 20 February 2010

We had three amazing days in Timbavarti with Open Skies and Brian and Dean were absolute stars. Brian's knowledge of both the game and the environment was outstanding and we were lucky to see baby leopards, the nine month old white lion cubs and hyena cubs as well as adult leopards, lions, rhino, elephant, buffalo, giraffe, etc. Which was not a bad result for our first trip to the Kruger Park! One of the highlights was a bush walk during which we encountered kudu, zebra as some sleeping lions. Thank you very much to Brian and Dean and Open Skies for a truly amazing few days. I would definitely recommend Open Skies to anyone thinking about planning a trip to the Kruger.

1  Thank twoceans
Reviewed 13 December 2009

Was fortunate enough to do my first trip to the bush with Open Skies. Brian's passion for the bush is contagious and his experience is evident. As the title to this review suggests, Brian and Open Skies opened my eyes to the wonders of the Kruger Park and already I'm planning my next trip with them. Brian's intricate knowledge of the bush focused not only on the larger, more well know animals, but also on the tiny aspects of the flora and fauna, most of which I had never heard before. The overall organisation was fantastic, the food delicious and the experience life changing. I would highly recommend Open Skies to anyone interested in having a hassle-free and intimate Kruger Park experience.

1  Thank capetownnick
Reviewed 27 October 2009

I can’t overdo my enthusiasm for the safari organised by Brian and Dean. They tailored the activities and budget completely to our needs, providing non-stop, fascinating information about S.A.’s animals, plants and politics, as well as factoring a 10-year old’s football & rugby obsessions into the city transfers. Evenings watching “bush TV” (the camp fire) with large quantities of delicious food and wine were wonderful ends to memorable days, in which Brian’s bush vision and crafty routes around the Kruger enabled us to see loads of big game.

Contact this small and friendly, but experienced team, you’ll have the best elements of a safari at reasonable cost.

1  Thank MoretoMadrid