“Can't wait for the next Open Skies experience!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Open Skies Wilderness Expeditions
Ranked #15 of 28 things to do in Nelspruit
More attraction details
Owner description: Open Skies Wilderness Expeditions tailor makes tours and expeditions to suit all budgets and needs. Perfect for small groups or families looking for something different. Let us introduce you to the African Wilderness we like to call home.
Reviewed 7 January 2011

I traveled with Brian of Open Skies in one of his awesome vehicles ('the Beast') from Joburg to Kariba over December 2010/January 2011 and it was almost certainly one of my top travel experiences. Brian's charisma and hugely entertaining personality and the comfort and reliability of the Beast played a major factor in the success of this trip and I am very much looking forward to joining Brian and Open Skies on many trips in the future. I would highly recommend signing up for an Open Skies expedition - you will be in good hands.

Reviewed 6 January 2011

I travelled with Brian Masters of Open Skies Wilderness Expeditions to Zimbabwe in December 2010, and it must rank as one of the best trips I've ever been on. Not only is Brian an incredibly organised and amazingly knowledgeable guide (if you want to know anything about the bush, he's your guy), but he's also hugely energetic and funny. As a frequent traveller, I know all too well that it's the people you travel with who really make the trip, and there could be no better travel companion or guide than Brian Masters.

Reviewed 5 January 2011

I went on a 9-day trip to Zimbabwe with Brian of Open Skies Wilderness and a bunch of friends. Brian absolutely made the trip. He drove us 1000s of kilometres in his customised Land Cruiser (aka the Beast) and proved to be an experienced bush guide whose knowledge of the bush is seemingly limitless. The laughs never stopped with Brian - he is side-splittingly hilarious and all-round great company. You're sure to have one of the best safari experiences ever with Brian.

1  Thank Sarah D
Reviewed 5 January 2011

My experience with Open Skies Wilderness adventures was unparalelled. Whilst I always felt completely safe, and accompanied by an expert who's knowledge of the wildlife and the region seemed bottomless, I also felt like I was on an adventure that no one had ever experienced before.

I will certainly be using Open Skies again, I just wish it could be tomorrow. Definitely a 5 out of 5 recommendation from me, and I'm sure everyone else who was on the same trip.

See more reviews
Reviewed 6 April 2010

We have just returned from an amazing 17 day trip with Open Skies to the Kruger, Timbervati and the Kalahari Transfrontier Park. Having been to Timbervati twice before we were slightly unsure of how we would find/enjoy the Greater Kruger but those worries were soon dispelled. The crowds of people which we had always imagined in the Greater Kruger were just a figment of our imagination. The small camps which Brian uses in the National Park are great and the game viewing is wonderful. To see great herds of elephant and buffalo moving through the bush is truly inspiring. Kruger and Timbervati lived up to all expectations with wonderful sightings of lion, leopard and cheetah plus countless sightings of wildebeest, zebra, giraffe, elephant, buffalo and so many birds we lost count.
The Kalahari was amazing. A totally different environment but again wonderful game viewing – we were even privileged to watch a cheetah mother and her sub adult cubs kill a young springbok. Maybe the Kalahari isn’t for “first timers” but it is a wonderful experience and very different to the bush in the Kruger.
The depth of knowledge imparted by Brian is second to none. Having been brought up with the Kruger on his doorstep what he doesn’t know about animal tracking and behaviour isn’t worth knowing. Add a great sense of humour and you have the perfect combination for a wonderful time. With great back up from his team we had a wonderful holiday and would not hesitate in recommending Open Skies Wilderness to anyone planning a trip. Our accommodation ranged from luxury lodges to simple tented camps which were all super and added real variety to our trip. The only downside? We had to come home.

1  Thank PezulaTruro