Review Highlights
Enjoying S. Africa

The Wilderness Expedition was simply awesome. We saw all the animals advertised. We would go back... read more

Reviewed 23 September 2015
MartinWelk
London, Canada
blyde canyon

we visited the 3rd largest can yon in the world, really beautifule and tranquil

Reviewed 12 January 2012
simon s
Cape Town Central, South Africa

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 January 2011

I travelled with Brian Masters of Open Skies Wilderness Expeditions to Zimbabwe in December 2010, and it must rank as one of the best trips I've ever been on. Not only is Brian an incredibly organised and amazingly knowledgeable guide (if you want to know anything about the bush, he's your guy), but he's also hugely energetic and funny. As a frequent traveller, I know all too well that it's the people you travel with who really make the trip, and there could be no better travel companion or guide than Brian Masters.

Reviewed 5 January 2011

I went on a 9-day trip to Zimbabwe with Brian of Open Skies Wilderness and a bunch of friends. Brian absolutely made the trip. He drove us 1000s of kilometres in his customised Land Cruiser (aka the Beast) and proved to be an experienced bush guide whose knowledge of the bush is seemingly limitless. The laughs never stopped with Brian - he is side-splittingly hilarious and all-round great company. You're sure to have one of the best safari experiences ever with Brian.

1  Thank Sarah D
Reviewed 5 January 2011

My experience with Open Skies Wilderness adventures was unparalelled. Whilst I always felt completely safe, and accompanied by an expert who's knowledge of the wildlife and the region seemed bottomless, I also felt like I was on an adventure that no one had ever experienced before.

I will certainly be using Open Skies again, I just wish it could be tomorrow. Definitely a 5 out of 5 recommendation from me, and I'm sure everyone else who was on the same trip.

Reviewed 6 April 2010

We have just returned from an amazing 17 day trip with Open Skies to the Kruger, Timbervati and the Kalahari Transfrontier Park. Having been to Timbervati twice before we were slightly unsure of how we would find/enjoy the Greater Kruger but those worries were soon dispelled. The crowds of people which we had always imagined in the Greater Kruger were just a figment of our imagination. The small camps which Brian uses in the National Park are great and the game viewing is wonderful. To see great herds of elephant and buffalo moving through the bush is truly inspiring. Kruger and Timbervati lived up to all expectations with wonderful sightings of lion, leopard and cheetah plus countless sightings of wildebeest, zebra, giraffe, elephant, buffalo and so many birds we lost count.
The Kalahari was amazing. A totally different environment but again wonderful game viewing – we were even privileged to watch a cheetah mother and her sub adult cubs kill a young springbok. Maybe the Kalahari isn’t for “first timers” but it is a wonderful experience and very different to the bush in the Kruger.
The depth of knowledge imparted by Brian is second to none. Having been brought up with the Kruger on his doorstep what he doesn’t know about animal tracking and behaviour isn’t worth knowing. Add a great sense of humour and you have the perfect combination for a wonderful time. With great back up from his team we had a wonderful holiday and would not hesitate in recommending Open Skies Wilderness to anyone planning a trip. Our accommodation ranged from luxury lodges to simple tented camps which were all super and added real variety to our trip. The only downside? We had to come home.

1  Thank PezulaTruro
Reviewed 31 March 2010

I've spent a lot of time in the bush staying in a variety of accommodation from camping to luxury lodges. Never have I felt more at home than with Open Skies. With Brian, its like being with an old friend. Relaxed and with lots of laughs. Brian's ability to spot and track game is unbelievable. Its like he's in tune with the bush and knows what is going to happen next! Quite an advantage in the bush! We saw such incredible game, we even saw a pangolin!
Anyway, very professional, worth every cent and I want to go back!

1  Thank InlovewithSA