“Fantastic experience”
Review of The Bay Hotel

The Bay Hotel
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Camps Bay
Reviewed 10 August 2017

We only spent one night at the Bay Hotel, and I found the total experience hassle free and seamless from check-in to check-out. The hotel has a unique kind of quirky hip / beach vibe yet luxurious. Our room had a great view of the ocean, it was clean and the bed was amazing. The front desk & restaurant service levels were both superb and the quality of the breakfast also top notch. 5 stars from us!

Room Tip: Sea facing recommended
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Richard R, Manager at The Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear dirkwilson,
Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your experience with us. I was a pleasure hosting you look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

We had a very enjoyable stay. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are luxurious and have views on the sea or mountain. The rooms are big and the beds very comfy. There is a restaurant and bar in the hotel, but if you don't want to eat in the hotel, there are numerous lovely restaurants in Beach rd just under the hotel. You can walk to them. The Cape has very strict water restrictions at the moment and it is winter so the swimming pools are closed and you cannot use the sauna. But you can swim in the sea. The red bus also stops right in front of the hotel. The breakfast is a big buffet and you can chose from a very wide range of food. Deliscious and the view is beautiful !!!

Stayed: July 2017

Dear noelien2016
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad to read that you enjoyed our time with us. Unfortunately, we are suffering from a drought and we are using multiple methods to reduce consumption. We have put covers on the pool to stop evaporation and we are using high quality disposable napkins to reduce washing loads and not to mention all. I apologize if this affected your stay in any way however I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us overall.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

We stayed 3 nights at the hotel in a room overlooking the pool and bay. The room was comfortable and well appointed and looked to have been recently refurbished. The breakfasts were good and the staff could not have been more welcoming or helpful. It is in a central location close to restaurants and with wonderful views of the bay. It is also located right on the bus stop for the hop on, hope off bus tours that circulate Cape Town and the surrounding area. We used these as our primary means of seeing and visiting various areas of Cape Town and they work well. One word of advice is that you should check when the cable cars are open to go to the top of Table Mountain. When we were there in July the cars were closed for annual maintenance and we could not make the trip.;

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Cymru_15
Thank you for your review. I am pleased you enjoyed your experience with us. It is a pity to hear that you were unable to go up the mountain. On your next stay our concierge would be more than happy to organise your tickets. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Having read quite a few of the negative reviews on this site, I wondered if I'd stayed at the same hotel...
But of course reviews are also an indication of the sense of entitlement of the reviewers...
My wife and I really enjoyed our five-day break at The Bay and the experience was made truly special by the warm and friendly staff who made us feel so welcome. They all work long hours on behalf of their guests and and I'd like them all to know how much we appreciated their efforts.
We'd come back to this hotel because we enjoyed being looked after by good people.
Our room was very comfortable and we very much enjoyed the beautifully presented selection for breakfast every morning. As good, if not better, as you'll find at any five star
competition.
So, a sincere thank you to Sedick, Richard and all their very special staff who made us feel 'at home'.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Wow- where do I start?! This hotel is the total package. Breathakingly beautiful views of the ocean and incredible hospitality from all staff. Each and every staff member went out of their way to make our stay as enjoyable as possible. Warm and welcoming, they simply can not do enough for you. Beginning the day with a delicious choice of food to chose from was always something I looked forward to. Special mention to Richard the friendly Food and Beverage Manager who has got a fantastic team with him to make the start of your day a pleasure. Pepe,Felix, Charmaine, Christina and Amos are all there ready to get you whatever you need in a second! Chefs Anthony and Vayisani create mouth watering dishes to sustain you throughout your day and Rose ensures the buffet area is clean and well presented. This hotel has got it all- it is clean and spacious. I used the spa and enjoyed a relaxing facial from the gentle Thalita who really spent time and care on my treatment. Our brilliant taxi drivers Tito and Achmat safely drove us anywhere we wanted even patiently waiting for us! There is service then there is hospitality and this hotel have got hospitality nailed down to a fine art. The welcoming smiles of Courtney and Lindie at reception who politely deal with any enquiries made me feel I could approach them with any question and they would have the answer! I felt like I was being treated like royalty and this was consistent throughout my eight day stay. I am more than satisified with my holiday and that is credit to The Bay Hotel! Thank you so much to everyone who made this holiday an unforgettable once in a lifetime experience.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Richard R, Manager at The Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2017

Dear Boogaloobex2

Thank you for your review. I am pleased that we could go the extra mile to make your stay a memorable one. I will also make sure that all the staff members mentioned in your review are thanked for their good work. I cannot wait to welcome you back to my hotel and would like to invite you to join our members club to ensure you enjoy preferential rates and discounts for your next visit. Please mail me at hostmanager@thebayhotel.com then I will personally expedite your membership.