Arrived after travelling 16 hours with 3 kids to be told we didnt have a reservation! Booking had been cancelled. Confirmation email received 8/11/2016. I have checked through my emails and have definitely not received any since 8/11/2016 which they stated. More effort should have been made to contact me. Took over an hour to sort but got 2 rooms together.
Unable to stay 4th night and sent to an apartment across the road. We were booked into 2 studios there. Thankfully the lady on reception was very nice and said we only needed one so that saved us $4000 Rand.
Very expensive for what it is. Not great spa facilities and pools are very small and dirty. Facilities wouldnt compare to most hotels at similar price range. £300 per room/night. Alot smaller grounds than expected.
Crane blocking view but this is temporary obviously. Building work in villa next door so very noisy especially after long flight from London and wanting to rest.
Charged extra for kids hot chocolate in am - this is ridiculous for prices paid. Wifi had to be paid for! havent heard of this for years.
Tennis court nice but wouldnt put lights on in evening.
Dogs a nuisance. Grounds too small so they were constantly under your feet. Not pleasant as they jumped in and out of stream/mountain pool and then shook themselves over you. Also jumped in and out of swimming pools to clean off. Not relaxing...
Very nice spacious rooms across rope bridge. Close to main strip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Camps Bay Retreat Luxury Boutique Hotel is a sanctuary for the soul, set on four acres of lush green nature reserve. With a mountain meditation pool, thickest of trees, waterfalls and streams, it is a peaceful paradise, where meditative moments are waiting to be had. Views stretch across the ever-changing Atlantic Ocean and along the peaks of the Twelve Apostles Mountain Range, from the Deck House and The Villa. The estate has features such as four pools, a tennis court, a spa and a fine dining restaurant. Dine in the old world splendour of the original manor house, where Von Kamptz Restaurant's executive chef creates a daily menu of gourmet fare, combining a symphony of fresh ingredients from local markets. Food is paired exquisitely with celebrated wines from the region, best experienced as part of a candlelit three course affair! Spoil yourself with a choice of massages, treatments and facials at the spa. Spend the day luxuriating in the spa, relaxing in the sauna and being revitalized with a deep tissue massage. A refuge for the body and a haven for the mind, you'll unravel and surrender to the tranquility ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Camps Bay Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camps Bay Retreat Hotel Camps Bay
- Hotel Camps Bay
- Retreat Hotel Camps Bay
- Camps Bay Retreat Cape Town