“Fair food and price and gorgeous location”
Review of Phuket Restaurant

Phuket Restaurant
Ranked #39 of 49 Restaurants in Camps Bay
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 18 January 2016 via mobile

My experience here did not fit some of the bad reviews for this restaurant. Attentive service, OK food (although far from being a top Thai restaurant) and exceptional location, with stunning views of gorgeous Camps Bay beach.

1  Thank uraniop

Reviewed 1 January 2016 via mobile

If you are black do not go to the restaurant as they will not attend to you and they will ask you to pay R100 per person!

Even after saying that you will pay the owner will not let the waiter who is black attend you. We waited and waited and no-one attend to us so we left.

Terrible is actually being nice this was just horrible!!!!

Reviewed 31 December 2015

Let's Start with a positive. The location is great, right on the MainStrip.
Moving to the average. The food was ok. A bit bland but ok.
Now the negatives. Clueless waitering staff. They forgot our reservation, they forgot our order - literally we had to order a 2nd time, 30 mins later, they needed to be reminded to clear away the plates on our table from the previous diner, they never wiped our table so a soy sauce spill remained (from the previous diner), & finally when we stood up to leave (having waited 15mins for the bill to no avail) they snatched the card machine from another guest, whipped out their card to make way for mine & then started to argue back at the other guest. A comedy of errors.

Reviewed 23 December 2015 via mobile

I write my comment in English, so that all the world is warned:
In the Phuket in Camps Bay we had by far the worst Thai food we ever had. We have been to Thailand several times, went to Thai Restaurants all over Asia, Europe and the US.
We never had such a bad meal. Even a Curry with prawns and Phad Thai was really horrible.
The only positive thing: great location and lovely view.
That fact that there was only one other table occupied at 8:00 pm while all other restaurants were busy should have warned us. But we had reserved a table in the afternoon.......
Look at tripadvisor before choosing a restaurant.

Reviewed 12 December 2015 via mobile

This place is a disgrace to the hospitality industry and traditional Thai food.

The massaman curry was gluggy, tasteless and the beef was braised, not the traditional slow cooked kind. I asked whether it was slow cooked before I ordered and the waiter said yes - it clearly wasn't.

The prawn Pad Thai was the worst, the prawns were squishy and had that 'off' look about them, so I didn't dare taste them. The noodles actually tasted like salty dishwater.

Neither of us could eat more than a mouthful of the meals, and let me tell you my partner will eat anything!

When I complained to the female owner, she refused to take the feedback and when I said I would pay for the beers and rice and that I didn't think it was right that we pay for meals that were off and not what we expected/ordered, she did an embarrassing plea and made us feel bad for her restaurant's terrible food!

I then said I would pay total bill basically to appease her and because I'm on holidays and can't be bothered arguing, and it's not that much money to us anyway.

Then, her Card Terminal was down and she made us feel bad again (including her rude chef which I assume is her husband) insinuating we were trying to rip them off by not having any money on our credit card!! I tried another credit card to prove to her that it's her terminal and it said the same thing on the decline receipt of 'unable to go online' which means it's more likely their terminal/bank issue, not a customer credit issue.

Then then held our credit card ransom insisting we withdraw cash from the ATM nearby, which I repeatedly said that I can't withdraw cash because we didn't bring any other normal EFTPOS cards with us, and that I could return in the morning with the cash we had at our apartment. WELL, that was a saga!

In the end, she had to get the manager from the restaurant next door to put our very small bill through her terminal so that we could leave......!!!

I tell you what, save your time, money, stomach and dignity and avoid this place like the plague!!!