“Left before dinner”

Sevruga Restaurant
Ranked #47 of 1,111 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Price range: US$10 - US$18
Cuisines: Sushi
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Sevruga is located in the V&A Waterfront, in the Cape Town harbour. The restaurant’s sunlit and leafy patio looks out at the water and the docked catamarans. The interior has delightful leafy patterns and a variety of green textures. A fine-dining establishment which sources ethical and delightfully fresh seafood, it is also known for its sushi and cocktails. Sevruga and its dedicated team can organize any function or private events in this beautifully laid out space.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I had booked to go here for our 5th wedding anniversary. I had booked the terrace as I prefer to stay outside, and want to minimise contact with others, and had heard that this is a romantic place for dinner. However, unfortunately when we got there we were three table rows in from the windows, and some of the windows were closed! Although the restaurant had our booking they didn't seem that organised, as there were 4 table seatings at our table? The restaurant was also packed (the hostess asked if we had a voucher when we walked in, so I think they were doing some special of sorts). Anyway, after the waiter took 10 minutes to arrive I decided it wasn't worth the risk staying, and so my husband and I left. If you do want to go there for a romantic dinner I'd recommend asking for a table right by the window - those seemed the most romantic by far!

Date of visit: February 2021
Linda, Owner at Sevruga Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Claire

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit at Sevruga Restaurant.

We apologize that your experience was not on the level that you anticipated and will bring your points under the attention of our managers.

We are not a rack-and-stack restaurant however, due to Covid, we are running several specials in order to encourage feet through the door but certainly don't want to achieve this at the expense of quality and service. Once again we apologize that our service was not perfect and thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Linda and Team Sevruga

Write a reviewReviews (2,117)

Reviewed 1 March 2021

Four of us for dinner. Dishes were fillet steak, seafood paste and wife and I shared the sea food platter which was offered at a special price on the evening and contained a spread of two lobsters, grilled calamari, choice of sea bream or cape salmon, prawns, rice, sauce - chef advised via Mandla that he was not happy with the quality of mussels available to him so offered to replace it with our choice of fried calamari. Wish more chefs would follow this approach and rather leave something off the plate than put it on and hope it will pass. Speaking of Mandla, previous reviews formed the basis of selecting this restaurant and Mandla's name featured every so often in those reviews. Can confirm he is on point and is still keeping it going. He added value to our evening. All in all meals, bottle of white wine, bottle of red wine and a suitable gratuity for Mandla to thank him for his part the bill came to R2,500. We thought that was real good value for the quality of food and service.

1  Thank andreolivier

Dear Andreolivier

Thank you so much for this wonderful review. We are happy you got to try different dishes of our menu and that you enjoyed all of them.
We do take very big pride in our food and our chefs are trained to only serve food that is up to our high standards and we are glad that they are putting this correctly into action.

We are also delighted to hear that Mandla, once again, has taken such good care of his patrons and we will forward your great feedback to him.

We hope to welcome you back again soon at Sevruga Restaurant.

Reviewed 26 February 2021 via mobile

My husband and I have been here many times before and have always loved it. We have always received great service but Mandla was exceptional tonight. We will always keep coming back

5  Thank Elsasharp

Dear Elsa

Thank you for this wonderful review and your continuous support.

We are delighted to hear that you have had many great experiences at our restaurant and that Mandla has taken very great care of you at your last visit.
I will bring this great review to Mandlas attention and congratulate him.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 25 February 2021 via mobile

25 Feb 2021

My husband and I decided to do an anniversary dinner thing. The service and the food was amazing. Our waitress #203Nancy was on point with her suggestions. From the wine to our 3course meal suggestions was great.

We definitely coming back again. The selection of wines. The atmosphere was great.

Till next time...

Israel Fini-Moloi

5  Thank Fini-Moloi

Dear Israel

Thank you for this wonderful review and for choosing Sevruga restaurant to celebrate your anniversary. We are happy you enjoyed your meal and that Nancy took great care of you. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 25 February 2021 via mobile

My wife and I had both thoroughly enjoyed the food and vibe at Sevruga. It was our first visit and we will visit again. I have to mention our waiter,Amandla,who was over excellent service and extremely warm and friendly. Bent over backwards to make our meal wonderful. Thanks very much

4  Thank konradrod

Dear Kon

Thank you for this great review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your first experience at Sevruga and that Mandla took very good care of you.
We hope to welcome you back again soon.