“Wonderful place, nice host, the lovliest cook ever”
Review of Romney Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cape Town
Romney Lodge
Ranked #123 of 156 Cape Town B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 June 2014

It's central, it's clean, it's beatifully furnished (the owner told us that he buys all the furniture at auctions - a real collector). The owner was very helpful and assisted us in organizing lots of activities. His cook must be the most adorable person you'll meet south of the equator!

Room Tip: I seem to recall that there's one room with a fire place that looked even lovlier than ours.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Romney Lodge was our first stop during a 3 week trip to South Africa. Our host, Philip was extremely welcoming and always made time to chat to us during breakfast. He gave us some valuable tipps and chatting to him was very interesting. We loved the decor of the rooms and the entire house, We had a spacious family room, with very comfortable beds. Breakfast war delicious and the pool was great for our 6 and 11 year old kids. This lodge was recommended to us and I can also wholeheartedly recommend it further.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Like the rooms all of them are different styled, the pool area so relaxing maybe an idea for the owner to heat the pool for the colder months? Cant wait to go back again, next time we will have more time and not only stay for a night!

Room Tip: Room no 3 big room lots of space, huge bath and comfortable bed!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2014

A perfect B&B in Green Point. Ideally located for visiting Cape Town and the surroundings. The rooms were beautiful, comfortable and impecable clean. The breakfast was superb and Phillip and other staff were very professional, helpful and did everything to make us feel welcome. We would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I recently took a two week trip to South Africa with my girlfriend to visit her brother . One week in Cape Town and then one week on the road.We stayed at the Romney Lodge in Green Point for seven nights.The whole time of our stay I felt like I was at home.Philips hospitality and great knowledge of the area proved vital for what I like to call ''Big Fun''. Mama Eunice's contagious smile and custom breakfast started off our days adventure perfectly.Simon served us with smiles,chat and laughter. I just loved hanging by the plunge pool editing pictures from our day travels and sharing pictures and stories with the other travelers. If the sun got too hot there was beautiful shade trees and a canvas covered couch to seek some shadeThe common area really provided us a fine oasis in our little slice of Green Point.The rooms and especially the beds were very comfortable. After a very successful day fishing Philip excepted my invitation to dinner down on the waterfront. The restaurant across from the boat slip cooked up ''the catch of the day''. I gave some fish to some ''street guys'' and I brought ten back for Simon and his son and truly felt like the ''King of Cape Town'' for one meal providing so many new friends with dinner.I was very happy with our stay at The Romney Lodge and I was very sad to leave but we will be back, truly a special place.

Room Tip: I only saw a few rooms but the ones that I saw seemed all very nice to stay in.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple