All reviews trailer park rooftop bar long street air stream cool hotel superior room included breakfast stayed here for two nights boutique hotel hop on hop the ground floor mother city central location table mountain stay in cape town airstream caravan
Reviewed 11 October 2018

I absolutely loved the Grand Daddy Hotel. It was modern, clean, and excellently located. The staff were incredible and even went so far as to move my car for me and walk me to go get food late at night when I arrived after a long day of traveling. They go above and beyond and are so very kind. The rooms are spacious and the rooftop bar is beautiful and quaint. The airstream trailers on the roof are very cool too. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

Visited this lovely hotel and loved the roof silver air stream park and cinema. We ate lunch in Thirty Ate and had a wondeful meal.Its a must visit if even just for a drink on the roof top bar as you will not be dissapointed

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

This hotel was fabulous. Room is large, bed is comfortable, washroom is big, room is clean, working air conditioner. Enough space for two people to get ready, pack/unpack. The hotel decor is really nice. The staff is exceptional and the best we’ve experienced. When asking about walking to a restaurant they did not hesitate to suggest a taxi, call a taxi, AND make dinner reservations - they we’re very good in taking care of us without us even asking. Taxis to Kloof St are about 50ZAR, table mountain about 70ZAR, V&A about 70ZAR. Hotel is pretty centrally located - close to many popular restaurants. THE BREAKFAST IS AMAZING - guests at the Grand Daddy get to eat complimentary breakfast at the adjoining restaurant which is a la carte and includes coffee and juice. Do yourself a favour and stay at this place - it will be the best decision you make!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2018

I wanted to try out the trailers. Was a bit disappointed in the size of them and that they could not offer two single beds but with the right partner this could be something different. Innovative and clean, I was sorry that I never got my trailer night. However I was not disappointed with the room. All amenities and any hotel that is sensitive to the environment and drought has my empathy in their measures. This hotel had no plug, high pressure basins but normal showers. Warmed the heart. Night staff friendly, day staff at reception happy to see us walk in and out without looking up from the counter. Location is central, parking is offered and surprisingly, although in a vibrant part of the City, noise is contained.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 September 2018 via mobile

I will highly recommend the Grand Daddy Hotel. Lovely welcoming staff. Excellent service and beautiful rooms. Well worth the money and will definitely go back! Absolutely loooove this hotel. What a treat! See you soon!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends