“Good food at oldest waterfront pub”

Mitchell's Scottish Ale House
Ranked #181 of 1,294 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 12 August 2018

Beer selection was very good, and the wine list good. Had a nice glass of local sparkling wine.

We shared the Seafood Meze. The Hake was very good, the crayfish good and the calamari okay.

Service was a little slow.

Reviewed 10 August 2018

Mitchell's is like your local pub (think cheers) the staff are friendly and the food is actual really good. Perfect for a bite while watching the big game, or for a few drinks after work.

Reviewed 26 July 2018

The food is good and the beer tasting range gives a great idea of what the local beers are like. Worth a visit

Reviewed 12 July 2018

It was rainy so we popped in here for food. We had to sit upstairs as no one was sat out and the downstairs was busy. Didn't like upstairs much, it was cold and uninviting and mostly empty.
Service though was friendly and efficient.
I ate Pizza which was good and hubby had Malay Curry which he said was also nice.
For the meal and 3 pints it was only £20 which was excellent value.
No WIFI though which is rubbish.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

I will say that me and my friends visit Mitchell's on a busy World Cup night but it is no excuse for the service we have received. Before I arrived my friend ordered some pizza's for his daughter. The pizza apparently by the looks of it came late and the one for daughter did not arrive. That pizza however arrived late. That pretty much set the tone for the evening. All food and drinks we ordered came late. Our waiter was not visible and when you look towards bar some of them was standing watching the football. Credit when credit is due. Their food is quite good. I understand that it was busy but no excuse for such bad service.