“Footsteps to freedom private tour company in Cape Town”

Footsteps to Freedom Tours
Ranked #74 of 334 Tours in Cape Town Central
More attraction details
Owner description: The Footsteps to Freedom walking tour of the historic heart of Cape Town tells the story of Cape Town and its people. We use streets, buildings, monuments, memorials and the passing street-scene as props develop a story of Cape Town and South Africa's dramatic past. Stories of Dutch and British colonial rule, slavery and apartheid, and finally our peaceful transition to a real democracy.We gather before 10h30 (Mon-Sat) in the lobby of the Taj Cape Town Hotel, located in centre of Cape Town's cultural and historic precinct. At 10h30 the 2½ hr walking tour starts from the steps of the Bishop Robert Gray Memorial, adjacent Taj Cape Town hotel.
Reviewed 5 September 2016 via mobile

We had an incredible private today tour of Cape Town with Garth Angus in the Footstep to freedom, tour company.He gives a very detailed and personal tour of all the major attractions in Cape Town. He is fluent in four languages, although,English is his principal language, and has lived all his life in south Africa. He's very knowledgeable of the history, culture, plant life, and geography of the region. He will customize a tour to meet your needs and time constraints. I highly recommend him for a informative, custom tour of Cape Town. it is very affordable and good value. My wife and I were delighted to find him for a private tour of the entire region. He went out of his way to patiently take us on a half day hike on Table Mountain, a tour of the surroundings in a high-quality SUV,including a visit to the township which I requested including a local lunch with the inhabitants. What a find!

Reviewed 23 August 2016

Our Footsteps to Freedom City Walking Tour through the city centre of Cape Town was fascinating and gave us a detailed understanding of the history of the city and its people.
Our guide, Karen, was not only knowledgeable but enthusiastic and flexible despite the constant downpour which made the tour thoroughly enjoyable for us and the kids.

Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

Ivor is an interesting man and my wife and I loved listening to him share his thoughts and experiences on Cape Town and South Africa in relation to Mandela's life. Highly recommend this walking tour.

Reviewed 27 May 2016

My girlfriend, her sister and I had the blessed opportunity of touring Cape Town with Ivor. We were all in awe at Ivor's unparalleled knowledge of the Motherland as well his deep appreciation and personal connection with all things Cape Town. Spanning from settlers first finding South Africa to Mandela's fight against Apartheid to facts about the expansive floral kingdom, Ivor knew it all. He not only had the information down to a T, but Ivor was also a particularly gifted story teller, keeping us engaged for the entirety of the tour. Thanks for everything!!

Reviewed 15 May 2016

Our first morning in Cape Town, we had the good fortune to spend 4 hours with Ivor...a guide for FOOTSTEPS TO FREEDOM. My husband and I were quite impressed with the wide range of his knowledge interspersed with personal reflections because he lived through some of the time period that was covered. We learned about the culture, the history and the architecture of the area. The four hours just flew by! WOW! A great introduction to a beautiful city! Thanks, Ivor!

2  Thank myles1