Southern Sun The Cullinan(Cape Town Central)
Book now, pay at stay
US$194
US$174
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$199/night.

Taj Cape Town(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$146
US$127
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$154/night.

The Cape Royale(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$132
US$124
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$171/night.

Hilton Cape Town City Centre(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$103
  • Pool
Sugar Hotel & Spa(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$80
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$98/night.

Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$69
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$78/night.

Derwent House Boutique Hotel(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$103
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$129/night.

ONOMO Hotel Cape Town - Inn On The Square(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$63
US$53
  • Pool
Glen Boutique Hotel & Spa(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$66
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$80/night.

Victoria & Alfred Hotel(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$147
Priceline
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$209/night.

All reviewsfree hourly shuttle bushotel is centrally locatedrooms are spaciousbreakfast was includedconventionwake
Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

Basic hotel but offers great access to the Cape Town International Convention Centre which is just a 5 minute walk. Food very average. Offers free hourly shuttle bus to the waterfront where there are plenty of shops, coffee shops and restaurants

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 September 2017

On Friday, my family and I visited the Capetonian for Eid lunch. I need to give you an holistic view of my experience with your team from the offset so that you can have a clear understanding of my disappointment in what transpired on the day in question.

Initially, I submitted a quotation request to your staff, and I must say, I received a prompt response. What was a concern was the fact that the entire amount of due upfront. I understand that Eid is a busy day but to have a party commit without taking ‘life ‘and it’s happenings into account is a very stringent approach. Nonetheless, this is your business model, whether it’s sustainable is really dependent on the service received.

This is where my concern resonates from, your team was unable to get hold of me via telephone, however I sent my reservation via email and one would think that it would be common courtesy to liaise with a customer via the medium of their choice. Now, you need to understand that not everyone has the opportunity to be available via telephone during a work day, so why not explore all communication channels available to you. Anyway, what annoyed me was the fact that I received a call at night from one of your employees, a gentlemen by the name of Adeeb or Adiel (not really sure). He opens the call with a greeting, and immediately goes into a complaint of how long he was trying to get hold of me regarding my reservation. How UNPROFESSIONAL.

I was so irritated that I shot him down and referred him to my cousin, as she was in communication with your reservation team regarding our booking earlier that day. Clearly this highlights the fact that there is lack of internal communication or that your team is not updating bookings with comments to avoid duplicate work and customers feeling as though they being harassed. His approach and tone was as if we owed your restaurant, NO, we were placing a booking for an event that was still to take place. At that point, all I wanted to know was whether or not the booking was cancelled, because really, you are not the only halaal buffet provider anymore, so where you might have dominated the market a few years ago, your clearly need to make your staff aware that when people have options, a harassment technique is the last approach that you should be taking. If I am to be explicitly honest, if you were as in demand as you might think you are, you would of cancelled my booking when you failed to get hold of me, and frankly, that would have been the best thing you could have done for us.

Nonetheless, my family felt that your menu offered variety and they wanted us to proceed with the booking. On arrival at your establishment, there was not enough chairs set up at our table sigh…
During the serving of lunch, the restaurant ran out of clean plates ( not sure if you wanted to ration servings , so maybe having small plates available was smart or just poor planning on your end)
If the above was not enough, on ordering beverages, we were given chipped jugs ( see attached pictures)…. Really, after all the calls and the poor service we received until that point, we still lucky enough to get your finest crockery!! The poor waiter was so apologetic, but let’s be fair, is it not your managements duty to ensure that this does not happen?

We then discussed our disappointment with the floor manager, who disappeared for 30 mins thereafter, returned with a mouth full of sweets or something which limited his ability to engage with us effectively. He murmured a halfhearted apology, and advised that he will check if they can replace the jugs and never bothered to return.

Lastly, I need to express my concern with a pooling mechanism of tips. Should I, the customer, not reserve the right to pay my gratuity to the person who offered me the service? Between servings, one other gentlemen cleared our plates during which he pushed over my aunt to grab the plates( and then he gets to share the in the reward of someone that actually worked extremely hard to manage our expectations and make us feel welcomed by your restaurant?) . I am so confused and disappointed by this day but I am hoping that my complaint does not go unnoticed and provides some valuable feedback for future implementation.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

Now it's just old.
Service isn't very good.
Not what it used to be a few years ago.
Looks like it hasn't been upgraded ever. Not worth what you pay to stay here.
There are much better hotels in this price range in Cape Town.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 April 2017

Bit disappointed after having been there a couple of years ago. The place has not been updated since and looking very tired
Breakfast which was wonderful last time was now ok but very standard and the offering/selection has been drastically reduced since my previous visit a few years ago
Empty dinning room clean with staff friendly and attentive
Breakfast was luke warm under domes, scrambled eggs stiff and dry, only the sautéed potatoes had any flavor
I am afraid we won't be going back, what a pity - probably fine for the business traveler in and out as it is in town and close to the convention centre

Stayed: April 2017
Reviewed 23 March 2017

The hotel is rated as a 4 star - which can't be farther from the truth - a 2 star max. The hotel is filthy; the carpets haven't seen a vacuum cleaner for a long time! The positive about the hotel is the nearness to the seaside front with a free shuttle service.

Room Tip: Avoid if possible unless cleanliness is unimportant
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple