“Loved the infinity pool and spa!”

Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, Cape Town
Ranked #30 of 110 Hotels in Cape Town
Reviewed 7 February 2011

Stayed for 4 nights early Feb and really enjoyed it. The hotel is not on the V&A Waterfront but it is about 10 mins (safe) walk or 2 mins in free shuttle bus. One half of hotel (sea-view) has been refurbished and other half hasn't. We stayed in standard room which hadn't been refurbished but was still lovely. Rooms are serviced twice daily and the chocolates put on our pillows at night were a nice touch. We had a view of world cup football stadium! We ate in restaurant one night, food was lovely and very reasonably priced (Toblerone cheesecake is a must!). Gym was well equipped and spa is great. We spent many afternoons chilling by the infinity pool and saw dolphins swimming nearby. I would definiteyl recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 January 2011

My first visit to Cape Town and i was not dissapointed. This hotel enhanced the enjoyment of my stay.

I was collected from the airport by a very knowledgable and interesting driver who explained all the sights as we drove in.

I arrived at the hotel at 9am and undertsnadably my room was not ready but I was offered refereshments and allowed to use the gym and all other hotel facilities.

I had up graded myself to a business class room and it was spectacular. Wonderful balcony with sea views. very large bedroom and lounge and a luxurious bathroom.

The food throughout my stay was excellent. I was attending a conference at the hotel and the lunches, consisting of small bowls of all sorts of meats , fish and delicacies (bit like tapas) were excellent.

My only concern were the chairs in themeeting rooms. 10 hours sat on one of those chairs and my back was almost locked and I was in considerable pain.

I would love to go back for a holiday.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank GGGSarnia
Reviewed 19 January 2011

I didn't pay for my stay here but my guess is that the place is overpriced. While the location is superb, the service is quite sloppy. The suites are probably sea-facing, my standard room looked over a carpark. It was a well-sized room, though, and comfortably furnished. The dining area is lovely - right by the water's edge - but the food was extremely average fare and the menu very limited. They have a couple of exquisite rooms for hire as conference/meeting/reception venues. The harbour room (I think it's called) it magnificent, leading down to the sea.

In short: wonderful location and comfortable enough stay, just not worth five-star prices.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 January 2011

Just returned from another stay at this superb hotel. This time I had my wife and three young kids with me. The staff were fantastic and the recently refurbished hotel rooms are stunning. The view from this property is truly spectacular.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 December 2010

Stayed with a family with two kids aged 12 and 10 in one of the superb 2-bedroom suites front facing sea.

The room was spacious and very nice, even though the bed seems a bit short. View was breathtaking and the staff took good care of us.

Breakfast included vaste selection.

Downside was the pool, which is too tiny.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Michael R, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear MulhollandP,

Many thanks for your wonderful review! A further appreciation for the positive comments on our hotel, location and staff.

Wishing you all of the best over this festive period and be safe should you be travelling.

We look forward to welcoming you back when next your travels bring you to Cape Town!

Best regards