All reviews room was large long street walking distance hotel experience laundry service location was perfect hotel room reception staff south africa water front cticc conference waterfront
Reviewed 24 April 2018

We stayed here for 5 nights as it was ideally located in a walking distance to CTICC.
Nice spacious room with coffee/tea making facilities, mini fridge, satellite tv etc.
Breakfast was adequate, the shower was not ideal for tall people as I hit my head on it a couple of times. I also felt we paid a lot for the standard but maybe that is just the Agent we used. Staff are very friendly and helpful. All in all a good option!

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank ButterflyTZ
Reviewed 24 April 2018

Generally a good hotel. Breakfast was adequate and the dinners we had were of good quality. The room was great, though the bed was somewhat too firm for our preference. Location was perfect for us so close to the CTICC

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank MargaH110
Reviewed 24 March 2018

Sean, one of the reception staff, offered to walk me to a pharmacy in central Cape Town to get medicine for my mother who was sick. Without his kind help, I would not have been able to find the pharmacy and my mother was helped to continue her journey. Thank you so much, Sean!

Date of stay: March 2018
Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

This hotel shows 4 stars but I can guarantee that has no more than 3. The staff is very very welcome and kind... that’s all!!!
Well placed they say that they have a parking lot... yes they have for R75 a night but is a plaza in front of the hotel where who come first has a spot otherwise wait for the next car to leave.
The internet only works in specific places. In our room 408 the connection didn’t work.
They have a annex building with new rooms (most of them very big rooms with nice beds and mattress) but you have to leave the front desk to the street and walk +- 50m to get there. If is raining you will be wet... moreover is not a “safe” area. A lot of homeless and not welcome guys around.
Nevertheless the breakfast is simple the same of a 2.5 star hotel.
I don’t recommend for the price I paid and the stars displayed.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2018

I’ll start off with the positive points. I spent 4 nights at the hotel while attending a conference at the CTICC, and this place is very well located for that, just a 5min walk to the conference venue, and a pleasant 20min stroll down to the V&A Waterfront. The room was really nice, one of the better rooms I’ve seen in the city center. I was in the Green Annex and the room was very large, bright, airy, and modern with a nice balcony overlooking the square. The bathroom, shower, etc. was also big and roomy. The furnishings were comfortable, no outside noise, good AC and TV, free Wifi internet – all was very good. The buffet breakfasts were reasonably good but nothing outstanding.

On the negative side:
• The square and area around the hotel is full of beggars. While walking outside or eating at the outdoor café, we were constantly being aggressively harassed by beggars, such that we had to move inside the hotel to escape them. My wife did not feel safe walking around the outside of the hotel alone, especially at night. In one instance we were pursued down the road by an aggressive beggar. In addition, there just seemed to be a lot of filth and rubbish around the square and outdoor areas.
• The outdoor café isn’t very pleasant due to the stench of cigarette smoke. The smoke all drifts inside the restaurant as well and into open hotel room windows, giving the whole hotel an unpleasant and unhealthy smell. We decided not to eat any meals there because of that. Fortunately where we were staying in the Green Annex, it wasn’t an issue.
• The price was ridiculous!! We had to pay ZAR4000 (US$ 340) per night for this place, which in my opinion was 2x to 3x what the price should be. It is way overpriced and really poor value for what you get.

In summary, I won’t be staying here again and I don’t recommend it. There are definitely much better options in the city.

Room tip: Get a room in the Annex
Date of stay: February 2018