“Excellent setting for a romantic dinner ”
Review of Kloof Street House

Kloof Street House
Ranked #30 of 1,243 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Kloof street house is an eclectic inspired restaurant and bar set in a magnificent Victorian house on the famous Kloof Street, nestled in the Table mountain valley, Cape Town. Join us in our garden for Saturday and Sunday Brunches, daily lunches and Sunday lunch Jazz, candle lit dinners in our dining rooms, drinks in our beautiful garden under the palm trees or just relax on our chesterfield couches in our cozy lounge. With our inviting homely feel and warm welcoming service, Kloof street house makes you feel just right at home.
Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

My wife and I loved our dinner here. The vibe was super cool and the house was very unique and made for a memorable evening out. This was our first trip to South Africa and won't be our last. Kloof street house was recommended by our hotel manager and she was right on the money. Price wise it wasn't too expensive and the food was delicious.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,600)

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

Went there just for an small meal. Got a table at the bar. Very friendly and fast staff! We loved our food, the interieur is very individual and great!
You want to see well organized and efficient service while having a great dinner, Go there!

Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

Great atmosphere and decor. Perfect for late night drink with friends. Delicious cocktail and deserts.

Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

Ok the place is stunning - we got there at 8.30 and ordered our meal straightway as we know service in Cape Town is slow - we are a group of 11 - five of us only eat fish - there was no salmon left so we had kingclip- starters came quiet quickly and then it all went wrong - after an hour with no food in sight the manager came over and cancelled my husbands vegetarian lentils had run out ! He didn’t order anything else - then half an hour later he came over and cancelled our kingclip as he said it was unsatisfactory - there was nothing else on the menu to eat he went off and came back saying good news we have three kin clip and one tuna (which wasn’t on the menus) by 11 a few of us had had our meals but one child in our party didn’t get served till we had all finished At 11.30- omg it was appalling - on the flip side what we ate was very good even excellent and our waiter Daniel was a star.

KSH_Team, General Manager at Kloof Street House, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2017

Good day Hayley.
Thank you very much for your review. There are few things as humbling as reading a review like this and knowing that we have failed you that evening. No apology can be made that will better the situation you found yourself in on Wednesday night. There are also no excuses that will remedy the situation. I was the manager that had to face you every single time and all I can say is to extend, once again, my humblest apologies.
I was hoping that removing all the main meals off your bill would be a sufficient sign of how sorry we were for that, but clearly not. As an extra effort, I would love to invite you back to Kloof Street House to show you the experience we are truly capable of and make it a night for you to remember - in a good way this time...
Please contact me at arno@kloofstreethouse.co.za if you are willing to give us a second chance then we can arrange something between us. Once again, my humblest apologies and I truly hope we are afforded the opportunity to show you the true Kloof Street House experience.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

Big reputation but undeserved. Sat down at 8:30pm for dinner for 5. Drinks and appetizers were fine and served at the appropriate time. 90 minutes later our excellent waiter, Taylor, informed us that the kitchen was running a bit behind. 10 minutes later, “the food should be right out.” 20 minutes later, the manager came over to state that this “wasn’t their standard,” a phrase repeated numerous times without a true apology. The chef came out at the 2:15 mark, but at that point this was unsalvageable unless he had our meals in his hands - he did not. Needless to say we left.

1  Thank gsquare5

Good day Gsquare5,
The title of your review literally runs chills down my spine because I dread the fact that this is the impression we left with you. Undoubtably we dropped the ball that night and for that I humbly apologise. It annoys me that someone didn't apologise PROFUSELY on the night, but please accept mine now.
Even though the phrase "it wasn't our standard" was used that night, I understand that it felt for you like a hollow explanation of what was happening. There are no excuses, but please let me assure you - it wasn't our usual standard...
I would love to be afforded the opportunity to show you our "usual standard" if you would be so kind to give us another chance. Please contact me at arno@kloofstreethouse.co.za directly then we can arrange a day suitable for you. Please once again accept my apolofies for your "horrible experience" and I truly hope we will have the chance to make it right.

Kind regards,