“Wow! Recommended by a local and it's great!”
Review of Kloof Street House

Kloof Street House
Ranked #30 of 1,288 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Kloof street house is an eclectic inspired restaurant and bar set in a magnificent Victorian house on the famous Kloof Street, nestled in the Table mountain valley, Cape Town. Join us in our garden for Saturday and Sunday Brunches, daily lunches and Sunday lunch Jazz, candle lit dinners in our dining rooms, drinks in our beautiful garden under the palm trees or just relax on our chesterfield couches in our cozy lounge. With our inviting homely feel and warm welcoming service, Kloof street house makes you feel just right at home.
Reviewed 30 March 2018

April 2017 - Dinner for a family of 5. Ok, so a while ago, but this was recommended by a local who said it had been going for years and was his favourite casual restaurant in Cape Town. It rocks! We were seated inside on the left - there is an outside dining area as well. Friendly and efficient service. Food fabulous and incredible value. We all had fillet steaks - just the best we've had (and our kids are experts!). Spinach on the side made us feel healthy and was good. A great and buzzy atmosphere and they know they are good (in a nice non smug way!). Really recommended.

1  Thank John M
Write a ReviewReviews (1,682)

Reviewed 28 March 2018

I’ve been this restaurant quite few times. Probably this is going to be last time.
I enjoyed the meal and wine as usual. Our waiter has well knowledge of wine and excellent manners. I loved everything until I found “a hair” in my food. It’s ok, we are all human we make mistakes. So, I spoke the man brought my meal (it wasn’t the waiter) “a hair is in my veggies. Don’t worry to change complete dish as I’ve started eating. Just take off vegetables cost from my bill”. Then he went “let me speak to manager”.
He never come back.
It’s talking about tiny amount cost and not really about money, it’s all about to see their professionalism. Very disappointed there was no service recovery.

2  Thank samii1974
KSH_Team, General Manager at Kloof Street House, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Dear Sammii1974,

It really disturbed me reading your review... Such a rookie mistake to show such a lack of communication and for that I sincerely apologise. The fact that you were understanding of finding a hair in your veggies because "we are all human" should not have been ignored and was that brought to management's attention, we would've DEFINITELY sorted it out immediately! I cannot apologise enough that the message was not passed along. Even though you were understanding, it is something we take quite serious and I feel terrible that you experienced the very opposite. We strive to give our guests the best possible experience and the fact that this one - an easy fix and recovery - was ignored, will definitely enjoy my full attention.

I would LOVE to make up for this poor performance in some way. Please feel free to contact me directly at arno@kloofstreethouse.co.za to see how we can make up for this. Once again, please accept my sincerest apologies from myself as well as the whole KSH team.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Having heard the recommendation already back in Europe, we booked a table 1-2 weeks in advance and were seated in the corner on a table outside with very laid back music playing. A charming waitress explained the day’s specials then served us delicious cocktails all with a little twist. The buffalo mozzarella as a starter kicked us of, main course had delicious beef and ostrich steaks and the desserts topped it all off: salted caramel cheesecake with popcorn! Absolutely delicious.
The garden has nicely lighted trees, the interior of the restaurant and bar is in a Victorian style. I’d be a regular in this restaurant in any city in the world. Prices wer on the higher end for South Africa but still half of what you’d pay for the same in Europe or the US. I strongly recommend to go!

Reviewed 25 March 2018

We couldn't get a booking but were told on the phone to come down and wait for a table. When we arrived approx 8pm it was a slightly frosty reception as we were told they don't normally have a waitlist until 9pm, however, we insisted we would happily wait at the bar. It was busy and buzzy the night before a public holiday. Lucky to secure a small table, we ordered drinks and settled into people watching. Table within 40 minutes and the most pleasant attentive waiter with great drink suggestions served us. We shared a very generous and delicious seafood platter. Best night all round of our stay in Cape Town.

Reviewed 23 March 2018

The first and best restaurant we visited in Cale Town. The food and service was excellent, and good value. The staff were very attentive and after enjoying a pre dinner drink by the bar we ate in one of the main rooms which are all decorated beautifully, lit by candles and chandeliers. I would definitely return.

1  Thank furze2