“Terrible Food”
Review of Thai Hut

Thai Hut
Ranked #688 of 1,257 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Thai
Description: Thai, Sushi & Dim sum served daily. Open kitchen where everything is served freshly cooked and freshly made.
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

My daughter and I were terribly disappointed in the meal we got from The Thai Hut Company, The Dock Road, V & A Waterfront, Cape Town. The Tofu Pad Thai we ordered was so salty, the noodles undercooked and no tofu to be found in the dish, and then after placing the order had to wait around 45 minutes for the meal.
We were looking forward to having some delicious Thai only to be disappointed in the dish.

Thai_Hut, Owner at Thai Hut, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Dear Yvette, my sincerest apologies for this experience. Please allow me to give a brief explanation below. Under normal circumstances, I would completely hold myself and my team accountable for such experiances but this day was different to say the least.

On the 6th August (the date you ordered from us) there was a TAXI STRIKE within the Western Cape and due to this none of our staff had access to transportation to get to work. We had to shut down one of our other shops in order to keep the doors open at our Waterfront branch with half the usual staff required and minimal preperation time. We did try our upmost best to maintain our high standards of food quality and service but due to the circumstances and situation we were put in that day it did prove to be extremely challenging. This caused extreme pressure on the minimal staff we had to operate with on that date. There is no excuse for your meal to be served as such, however, we were unfortunately put into a situation we did not anticipate to be in on that date.

Once again, my upmost apologies for your experiance. May I ask for you to please consider giving us another try as I can assure you, under normal circumstances, this is not the quality and experiance one can expect from our brand.

Kind Regards
Clint Craul
Director

Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

Overall the food is good. But it wasn't obvious how many people were waiting for food because they asked customer to sit down and wait (unlike the other food places that seem to queue) as a result I had finished my food by the time my wife had received her's. It took about 30mins for her food to arrive and I watched her eat.

Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

This is one of several outlets in the Food Market at the V&A Waterfront. It's fast food but with a big difference. All freshly prepared and cooked to order our chicken chow mien and sweet and sour chicken were very pleasant. Whilst not perhaps a place for an evening meal as you eat in a communal area, it is perfect for lunch and is excellent value for money.
Our bill came to just ZAR140 which at that time came to £8.00,
very good for such good quality. We'd definitely go back if we are back in Cape Town.

Reviewed 13 July 2017

The Thai Hut is located at the V and A Waterfront in a building with a wide variety of food and drink places. It is upstairs and there is plenty of seating. You just walk up to the booth and place your order. I had the vegetable chow main and it was prepared fresh after I placed my order. It was piping hot and very flavorful! It was also really cheap, costing less than 50 rand (less than 4.00).

1  Thank leah w
Reviewed 24 September 2016

The Thai Hut is in V&A Food Market and is one of many delightful places there. You can access it from Nobel Square. Their spring rolls are a tasty snack. Their sushi is nicely presented.