“Fabulous Thu Nite Treat”

The Black Sheep Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 1,244 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Have heard great things about Black Sheep so was very keen to try it out. I wasn't disappointed; great vibe, delicious menu and very helpful, friendly staff. Definitely recommend the marinated roast chicken & corn fritters. Beautiful presentation and taste was divine.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were a family of five (age 15-71). We ate here on the separate recommendations of several people as well as the great reviews. We were not disappointed. I had the hangar steak and it quite good. The service was excellent. Everyone in my group enjoyed our food. The waiter helped us pick a local wine which was delicious (I wish I could remember what it was) and we all ate way too much and went home with very full bellies :)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We visited Cape Town in February, peak season. The hotel we stayed in had booked restaurants for us for each night on their own initiative knowing how difficult it would be to get in if we didn’t have reservations. This was the best meal we had by far. It was packed but the waiting staff were very attentive, there was a wide choice of food, both the food and wine were excellent and very reasonably priced. It was very casual, noisy and really friendly. Couldn’t fault it.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I found this restaurant on line and read good reviews. We did book and I'm glad we did as it was very full .Our waiter was wonderful, excellent service. We all had different meals and each one was delicious. My son said the yellow tail curry was the best ever. Good wine list. The desserts were stunning, my date tart was amazing. We sat near the kitchen and it was nice to see happy staff while at work. Definitely come again when we visit Cape Town.

Reviewed 6 June 2018

No reservations, but found room at the bar. We tried 4 dishes (2 starters & 2 entrees.) All were wonderful. Shared a nice bottle of South Africa's finest purple stuff. We thought the prices were very reasonable considering the quality. Service was fine. It is, as noted elsewhere, rather loud. That being said, if we return to CT, we will certainly flock to Black Sheep.