All reviews emergency room long street karaoke room no elevator reception area rooms are small short stay coffee machine restaurants and bars night life a great stay location is great hop on hop off bus bo kaap central location dll mentos
Reviewed 25 October 2018

It was a great experience from the very start as the staff and managers were very welcoming. They helped me throughout my stay with my plans for seeing Cape Town highlighting the key attractions and timing too.The rooms were interesting in a good way.They were great company and would definitely be back if I happen to be in the area!Thank you all.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank msharjeelashraf
Manie786, General Manager at Daddy Long Legs Art Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2018

Dear msharjeelashraf

THANK YOU so much for your support and for choosing to stay at Daddy Long Legs Art Hotel - A 5 Star review - :-)

We wish you everything of the best and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 15 October 2018

I eventually thought I made a mistake, but I just needed a place to stay for half a night. I was pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness and nice room which I have received to sleep in. I thought I would here the cars in the street below but it was quite and could sleep like a baby.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Manie786, General Manager at Daddy Long Legs Art Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2018

Dear Philip

Thank you so much for choosing to stay at Daddy Long Legs Art Hotel and for taking the time to share your positive feedback with the rest of the world.

We're very happy that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

I was going into CT for an event and needed a place that was central & relatively inexpensive, and a place to crash my head late at night. This place is all those things. Also I’d always thought the name was cool.

PROS: So no problem with booking, rates, staff were very friendly & welcoming. Also they provide you with a welcoming drink. Very centrally located in Long Street with restaurants & bars all round you. Excellent rates for the area. They provide you with coffee capsule machine & the fittings in the room. I could not get mine to work, but could be me (although I have my own). Bed was comfortable & I was able to pass out successfully. Very cool bathrooms by reception. Those are all the pros.

CONS: Downside is no parking, so you park in Long Street & need to pay in the day until 5 or 6 pm I believe, then night is free, then from 8 in the morning again. There are security who guard Long Street at night, so I wasn’t particularly worried about my car.

Then there are no lifts, there are old narrow wooden stairs to the reception, then up to the second or third floor where your room is. Can be dangerous when you’ve had a few.

The balcony is nice outside, but I had to try and have my welcome drink and a smoke in the rain. No cover at all.

There are no TVs in the room, no radios, so you have to go out or read in your room. So no way to relax while there unless you have your laptop or books or aren’t planning on being in the room at all.

Then the room. Look the idea is cool, I was in the Mentos room, and I think when it was done some years back it must’ve been awesome. But now the truth is that it’s a bit faded and worn. The book that tells the story felt dirty to me. There was mold in the bathroom, stains on the floor. Think that is what ultimately put me off & counted against the place the most.

So for me the cons unfortunately outweighed the positives, and I would of given it average, but room really bothered me.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Natasha

Thank you so much for choosing to stay at Daddy Long Legs Art Hotel and for taking the time to share your experience with the rest of the world. :-)

We appreciate your feedback and we'll fix whatever is needed so that our guests can have an overall positive experience. :-)

Reviewed 12 October 2018

Worst hotel I've ever stayed at. You couldn't pay me enough to go back there! Owner was obnoxious, rude and generally unfriendly.The noise was incredible, the uncleaned rooms were disgusting. The staff were asleep most of the time. Drinks were incredibly expensive, in a badly stocked "bar", which doubles as reception.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Manie786, General Manager at Daddy Long Legs Art Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2018

Dear brendon803

Our side and the truth:

The owner of the hotel was not present during your stay at the hotel.
The hotel room was cleaned.
The staff was not sleeping according to the security footage.
Our drinks are charged at the same if not lower than the surrounding bars and restaurants.

You checked in with your Australian friend and you were treated very well and all the staff was friendly towards both of you including the General Manager (which you offered a job to) - Things went south when we found evidence that you were busy with illegal substances and you attracted the wrong crowd to the hotel (suspected drug dealer) and you confirmed this when you handed in the brown leather bag at reception and you told my Duty Manger that the bag belonged to the guy that you invited to the hotel and you said that he was a drug dealer that he took money from you not once but twice.

The staff had to call security to calm the disturbance that your "friend" created and then the police had to be called to check your room for any illegal substances. The staff informed me of your activities after hours and I should've asked you to leave instead of trying to keep the peace and having you to put the other guests and staff lives at risk by inviting suspicious persons into the hotel.

We wish you everything of the best and we'll block your file from ever booking at Daddy Long Legs Art Hotel.

Kind regards
The Daddy Long Legs Team. :-)

Reviewed 10 October 2018

Hotel location is really good. Staff can go extra mile to help you. Staff were really cooperative especially Mr. Fahim who can do anything to help you. I really loved it. I will definitely stay at Daddy Long leg arts hotel if visit again.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Manie786, General Manager at Daddy Long Legs Art Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2018

Dear inderjitmand2018

THANK YOU so much for choosing to stay at Daddy Long Legs Art Hotel and for taking the time to share your "Excellent" experience with the rest of the world.

The staff and management appreciate your support and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.