It's always difficult to disagree with so much positive comment. The hotel itself is everything that is written about it - well thought out and very comfortable. We just found that it lacked what I would call soul. We saw three separate managers in four days, we were recommended to a particular restaurant on the waterfront that we actually walked out of it was so awful and no one asked how we had got on. We tend to be very independent and it may be that the hotel prefer to organise their guests a bit more than we wanted to be. We had never been to South Africa before and were devastated by the poverty that is so apparent on the trip from the airport and the huge contrasts. In fairness this probably affected our whole stay. We would be unlikely to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four Rosmead has all the characteristics of a boutique style hotel; its location, style, authenticity and our personal service all contribute to re-defining the Cape Town travel experience. Built in 1903, Four Rosmead is a classified monument that has been sensitively and stylishly re-modeled. The result is a Cape contemporary classic with a rich history. Interiors are chic with a subtle, yet distinctive African spirit enhanced by original South African artwork. Accommodation consists of eight bespoke en-suite bedrooms. Some rooms have a fireplace, private garden, balcony or courtyard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Four Rosmead reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Rosmead
- Four Rosmead Hotel Cape Town Central
- Four Rosmead Cape Town, South Africa