1,066 results
All reviewsshark cagelong streettrendy hoteltable mountainstandard roombars and restaurantscamps baykloof streetmilkshakeswaterfrontloftsexecutiverandlaptopctsauber
Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

My wife and I were down in Cape Town for the night and stayed at Protea Fire & Ice.

Rooms are very comfortable, with open plan shower / basin and a separate loo.

Staff were super helpful and welcoming and as a PROKARD and Marriott card holder we also had a welcome card (with messages from staff) and a small gift on our room. Small touches that make you feel welcome.

Our aircon didn’t cool to the temperature that we wanted - wasn’t uncomfortable- but we understood that they were in the process of upgrading them.

Try and get a mountain facing room as you will wake up to the most stunning view.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

My accolades go to the warm, attentive people behind Protea Fire and Ice. Their manager, Chad, in particular, went out of his way to help me with my delayed luggage. I did not have to do anything to get it back! Avril always gave us warm hugs and helped us with all our concerns. I wish I could recall all their names, because each and everyone of them made us feel like VIP’s!

We loved the location of the hotel. It close to Bree and Long streets, which have a lot of great restaurants and several local hip shops.

The hotel is clean with basic amenities. We stayed at the 2 bedroom loft which is very spacious for a family of 4. My only misgiving about the hotel is the bathroom/ shower stall. It has an “open concept”- and is separate from the toilet area. I prefer regular enclosed bathrooms.

All in all we had a wonderful time!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

Chosen because of the Marriott brand- and reception service along with housekeeping lived up to it! A value for the price- stayed in a two bedroom /2 bath apartment. Roomy and spacious- perfect for two families traveling. Allen at reception was overly helpful and made our stay wonderful! Breakfast buffet was delicious with fresh omelets and a full compliment. Perfect location for Camps Bay, Table Mountain, numerous shops and restaurants.

The WiFi was a nuisance however and continually had glitches. That needs to be upgraded or fixed!

Spa could use a little added service- add body wash and shampoo for those who want to shower after their treatment. Other than that- it was perfect.

A good stay and will hopefully return!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2018

The price of the rooms is worth it. Walking distance to nearby amenities. Lack of courtesy in the restaurant as they take long to attend to the customers; but as for the reception, thumbs up guys, keep up the good work.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Salome M
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Great hotel location! Right at the heart of CT, very safe and walking distance to many restaurants, bars, etc. High speed wifi connectivity and great staff at the reception, checking in and out was spectacularly swift. Lively chefs at the restaurant making good food. The but is, the waiters and cleaners! Waiters tend to not check on you or are completely ignorant of their job. They just love putting the silver ware and napkins on the table and think their job is done. They lack that Courtesy! The bar, you will have to wait at-least five minutes to receive your bill. The cleaners, I think they feel they are doing you a favor cleaning your room for they lack consistency. Protea Management, you can do better. While you have great people at the reception and the kitchen, how come that was not replicated through out.
In general, except for those staff I mentioned, the hotel is a great place and will stay there again the next time I visit CT.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business