“Our Go-to Place”

Bouchon Wine Bar & Bistro
Ranked #41 of 1,288 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Price range: US$6 - US$12
Reviewed 20 June 2018

This tapas-type place is around the corner from the Cape Heritage Hotel and is of the same period. It features an excellent wine list and really tasty small plates perfectly done. Here one can dine and have a conversation ... No big screen, no loud music.

Reviewed 17 May 2018

I was not expecting this place to be this uniquely enthralling!
I had the First Sight Sauvignon Blanc to pair with my prawn dish. My friend had the ostrich steak with some pinor noit. I'd give my meal an 8.5 out of 10.
-Great service from Stan.
-Lovely lighting and ambience
-There's a stunning private room available for small events.

PS: The place gets packed on weekends so make sure to make a reservation!

Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

Great find, the mussels were the best I've had! The wine was excellent. Everything else was also good.

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

A great find close to the Bree Street area.
Mussels and the sardines dishes were top notch and compare most favourably with our experiences in Valencia and Porto. Wine choices and advice worked well for generally underrated S African wines. Fully recommended away from the tourist haunts down on the waterfront. Duty Manager had his work out tonight with some customer challenges that were handled professionally and with good humour. Thank you great last night in Cape Town. Keep it up!

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Friends recommended this mid city winery. Brilliant tapas dishes. So great to share and remark on the different tastes. Some sublime flavors.

We had 9 dishes between 4. No way we could do dessert or anything more. Great to order in two batches.

The baked Camembert cheese in pastry was awesome. Molten cheese soaking on French loaf. Loved the chorizo-topped patas bravas. A blast from Spain and a taster of what our friends are in for in May.

Gnocchi- both types were great. The duck was cooked to perfection.

Had Rose made on the premises. Special.

This is a find in Cape Town. I rate it highly.

1  Thank Andrew B