“Stunning bbq sauce and huge portions”

Bar-B-Que Steakhouse
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Parow
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 2 February 2018

We wanted a bbq for a change and believe it or not this was the closest recommended restaurant to Franschoek. So we decided to drive there, which took an hour due to heavy traffic on the N1. Was it worth it? definitely. We chose the small portions of ribs and the cordon blue, to share. There was so much delicious food that we have enough for the next two days. The bbq sauce was to die for and such good value. The total cost including four beers was 290 rand. The restaurant resembles a ranch house and they are obviously used to serving hungry cowboys. The staff were very friendly and I would recommend this bbq restaurant if you like great ribs, steaks and meat. Do not be put off by the location as the food is really worth it.

Reviewed 5 December 2017

WARNING: this establishment has an old South African flag. Clearly, not everyone is welcome - unless you're willing to just sit there like its "the good ol days".

7  Thank UrbanJodi
Reviewed 8 November 2017

Food was excellent and value for the money. Friendly and good service.The food are tasty and you won't leave hungry with the large portions of food. Will visit the restaurant again. I can certainly recommend it to other people.

Reviewed 25 October 2017

Food is very tasty, portions are large and the prices are small.

Best value for money ever when comparing to other restaurants we frequent.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

Went there for dinner with another couple. From the minute we walked in we felt welcome. Very friendly, helpful and organized staff. We were served quickly and did not wait long for our food.
Was torn between choosing the ribs or the schnitzel. Our food came quickly and I could tell it was just prepared, not pre-cooked and sitting on a hot plate.
The food was AMAZING! We had a crumbed mushroom starter, very tasty, not watery or rubbery. I had the chicken schnitzel and my partner had the ribs. The schnitzel was juicy and perfectly done. I had a taste of the ribs...SO GOOD! I don't know what they use as a basting sauce, but it is amazing! The portions are HUGE! Go hungry!
The owner even popped round at our table after we where done to see if we were happy, which I think is very nice. I would like to thank our waitress, Janika, for her amazing, friendly service.
Would most certainly go there again, finishing the 1.2kg ribs is on my bucket list!
I would say that a booking is essential as they are quite busy.