“Incredible steaks! ”

Fat Butcher
Ranked #12 of 274 Restaurants in Stellenbosch
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

Went for a meal with a group of 7.

Our waiter was fantastic and very knowledgeable on cuts of meat. He recommended a few steaks to share, which were all fantastic. My favourite was the t-bone. We also had calamari for starters, which, while not meat, was delicious! The Parmesan cheese mash side was also something I would recommend!

There was also a fantastic selection of wines & our waiter was very helpful on recommending which one to pick.

Great for a group dinner, but would also suit a romantic meal for two.

1  Thank france5ca

Reviewed 26 December 2017 via mobile

Came with my 3 son's and husband , I'm a vegetarian but also a chef so was blown away with the waitress filling us in on th2 different cuts of meat , my 6 y3ar old son's steak was so tender , my eldest son had a mixed grill with bone marrow , a beef scotch egg , lamb and steak he loved , the rest had rib eye and a burger everyone loved their food , I had roast veg stew which was ok but to be honest I wasn't bother as it is a steak restaurant , still an all I would highly recommend

1  Thank Vicki S
Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is a must if you are in the area and love steak. It doesn’t look like much from the outside, but the food was brilliant. Some of us had a salad as a main meal. It was quite small, but beautifully presented. The sweet potato chips was the best I’ve ever tasted and the steak was amazing.

1  Thank Yvonne W
Reviewed 20 December 2017

It's really hard to find a good steakhouse in the Cape Town area. I feel a bit spoiled when it comes to steak, but The Fat Butcher never dissapoints.

If you want some beer, just ask for a Fokoff. It's great!

1  Thank Francois N
Reviewed 19 December 2017

We stayed in Stellenbosch for 3 nights in late November. All I can say is we ate here the first night and ate here on the last night. Both times the service was very good and the food great, yes it was a bit busy, maybe a bit hectic but the overall ambience was fine and any errors put right straight away. We will go back here on our next holiday!

1  Thank Pompeysunrise