“Best breakfast ever”

The Bakery At Jordan
Ranked #119 of 286 Restaurants in Stellenbosch
Description: The Bakery Restaurant at Jordan Wine Estate in Stellenbosch has a relaxed and fun atmosphere, evident in the modern, yet simple décor in neutral shades with a splash of red, where visitors can unwind and enjoy the freshly produced fare and top quality wines amongst the aromas of baking bread, pastries and freshly brewed coffee. Alternatively one may dine 'al fresco' on either the lawns or the newl
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

All the fresh ingredients on your plate, while watching the magnificent view outside and the bakers baking inside made this the most luxurious and divine breakfast experience. Well done to the team in charge.

Thea v, Manager at The Bakery At Jordan, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for the great review.
We are so pleased you had a fantastic visit to the estate.

Come back soon.

Best wishes

Reviewed 2 June 2018

Exceptional good tasting food! Beautiful scenary and very friendly staff. A welcome home feeling as you enter.

Thea v, Manager at The Bakery At Jordan, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for visiting us.
We like to treat everyone as if they are arriving home.

We look forward to seeing you back at the estate soon.

Best wishes
The Team at Jordan Wine Estte

Reviewed 2 June 2018

We heard about this restaurant advertising a "Mother's Day FEAST" and at R295.00 per person, we thought it to be a good celebration. My husband booked and paid and asked that we join friends at their table. On Sat 12/5 we received an email stating that the function was sold out - strange I'd say. My husband phoned to enquire and was told it is routine and our booking was in order. He queried about the seating arrangement and was told we were sitting separately. He insisted that this be changed as per his initial request. When seated on the Sunday, we received 3 boards of snacks (1 per couple) containing 2 bread rolls with a cottage cheese mixture, 2 angels on horseback, 2 slices postage size slivers of cold meat, 2 crumbed fish fingers, samosa type spanakopita, a few slices of ciabatta with 2 little pots of dip and a few other carbohydrate type snacks. A few pea shoots added the health component. The desert was a rainbow cake and judging from plates going back to the kitchen, we were not the only patrons thinking they were too dry to enjoy. Of the 6 adults in our party, not one of us thought the FEAST was worth the R590.00 per couple. In fact we thought it would have been a better idea to have ordered a platter from any one of the numerous supermarkets offering platters and gone to enjoy it at a lovely picnic site. Regretably the service was also not up to scratch. Judging from TripAdvisor we are not the first to experience "Disappointing food" A real pity at such a great venue!!

Reviewed 8 May 2018

The bakery menu is not extensive but I liked that it was fresh and good quality. Great setting and the wine tasting is right outside. Just wish they had a better menu.

Thea v, Manager at The Bakery At Jordan, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

Thank you for visiting us at Jordan Wine Estate.
We've tried to contact you directly, to find our what you'd like to see on our menu.
We're always open to suggestions and ideas to improve.

Our menu changes regularly, so please do pop in again to see what's new.

Best wishes.

Reviewed 10 April 2018

We wanted to have lunch in an out of the way wine estate and Jordan’s definitely fitted the bill. Situated down a long single track road with beautiful scenery and vegetation, The Bakery sits in front of a lake with spectacular mountain views behind.
We sat outside for lunch, my husband had a steak sandwich which he said was tasty and I ordered fish and chips. Unfortunately the waiter misheard me and thought I only ordered chips. So as my husband ate his lunch I had to wait about 25 minutes for them to bring me my fish by which time my husband then watched me eat!
The manager was extremely apologetic and gave us dessert and coffees to make up for this error.
The fish and chips were great and worth waiting for. The action the manager took made up for the wait and I would definitely return to The Bakery.

Thea v, Manager at The Bakery At Jordan, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Thank you for your review.
We are so pleased to hear that your meal turned out to be a great experience besides the mix up of your order.

We look forward to seeing you back at the estate soon.

Regards