“Very disappointed”
Review of Ernie Els Wines

Ernie Els Wines
Ranked #30 of 158 things to do in Stellenbosch
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

Apart from the beautiful view the service you get is not great.

My husband and I have been at Ernie Els Wines numerous time of wich the first few times was great but there after was not so great.

The past weekend has been the second time that we walked out there without receiving service. We waited 20min for someone to attend to us. This after communicating with numerous staff members.

ErnieElsWines, Manager at Ernie Els Wines, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2017

Dear Anri,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. We appreciate your valuable feedback as it helps us identify the areas we can improve on the guest experience.

I was disappointed to learn of the shortcomings you experienced, as this is really not the normal guest service that we deliver. As we make a point of welcoming each guest with a glass of white wine upon arrival.We trust that you would perhaps visit us in the future again so that we can show you the full experience at the winery.

Should you be visiting again please contact me directly on tastingroom@ernieelswines.com

All reviews
"trophy room"
in 33 reviews
"putting green"
in 4 reviews
"cheese platter"
in 14 reviews
"complimentary glass of wine"
"chipping area"
"worth a stop"
"surrounding mountains"
"favorite wine"

Reviewed 21 July 2017

It was by far our favourite winery visited of the 10 in the Winelands. The atmosphere, wine and food were terrific. The farm is gorgeous and I have to say the service was also excellent.

ErnieElsWines, Manager at Ernie Els Wines, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Dear Steve,

Trust you are doing well.

Thank you for the positive feedback received about our winery. We do indeed take pride in catering to ur guest needs the best way we can.

Should you be travelling to our area again soon, please do not hesitate to visit us again.

Have a lovely day.

Reviewed 21 July 2017

I have been living in Stellenbosch all my life and have been to my fair share of our beautiful wine farms and the restaurants they host.

It is safe to say the food at Ernie Els was the most disappointing I have yet to encounter. Not even just compared to other wine farms, but all the restaurants in the surrounding areas. And dont get me wrong, I am no snob when it comes to food. But even I knew that the meal we had there was worth 0/10.

We had the butter chicken which had absolutely no flavour. Also the ravioli, I could have bought a better tasting one in a plastic microwaveable package at Woolworths (for 1/3 of the price for that matter).

What a waste, playing host to a world class view and wine I would expect nothing less of the food.

If you are considering going for a lunch in the area, make sure to avoid Ernie Els.

1  Thank Nicola L

Dear Nicola,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. We’re really disappointed to read that you did not have a pleasant experience at our restaurant.

We apologies for your experience at our restaurant as this is not at all the standard we set for our restaurant and sincerely hope that we can perhaps convince you to change your mind about visiting the winery again.

We will definitely be taking steps to improve.

You are more than welcome to reach out to me directly at tastingroom@ernieelswines.com if you would be willing to give us a chance to turn your food experience around.

Hope you will visit the winery again.

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

This vineyard is probably one else of the best looking vineyardso in Cape Town. The views here are AMAZING! But it makes sense that a golfer can come up with the best views. The minute you drive on to this property it's makes you fall in love. It's the kind of place you want to get married regardless who can afford to come early to your wedding. Being here is like being in a fairy tale. The wine here is also nice.

Good Day,

Hope you are doing well.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your visit to our winery. So happy to hear that you could enjoy all the nature surrounding which so much appreciation.

Trust you will visit again.