Oude Werf Hotel
US$104
US$131
US$110
TripAdvisor
Lanzerac Hotel & Spa(Stellenbosch)
Eendracht Hotel(Stellenbosch)
The Stellenbosch Hotel(Stellenbosch)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsoldest hotelvalet parking islovely hotelchurch streetcentral hotelmodern roomscentre of towndeluxe roomhuge bedsouth africalocation is excellentbars and restaurantsbeautiful townthe vinestayed for nightscentral stellenboschwithin easy walking distance
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

I stayed at the Oude Werf hotel for 2 nights and was dismally disappointed. Before I get into the cons, I do need to mention the few pros that deserve recognition. The ambiance at the hotel is really beautiful and the location is unbeatable. The food was great as was the valet parking. Having said that, there seems to be complete mismanagement. We left our hotel room at 8am and put the "make up my room" sign on the door upon leaving. We returned at 1:45pm to which the room had not been cleaned. Let me start off by saying that you won't find such mishaps in a 2 star hotel let alone 4 star (that is the Oude Werf). This is by no means the cleaning staffs fault but entirely due to zero management. Upon speaking to the manager, he was extremely rude and told me that they had to ensure that rooms were ready for guests checking in at 2pm that day.. in other words, they don't seem to be too interested in their current guests but more so interested in making sure they're turning tables. He was highly unprofessional in the way he spoke to me.

A hotel with such potential needs to note that it is QUALITY OVER QUANTITY and not the other way round. If you are unable to cater to the needs of your current paying guests, then you are missing key elements in running a successful establishment.

I must also note that the bedrooms have zero privacy and we had to keep our curtains closed for the duration of our stay. The pool goers look directly into a majority of the rooms.

Lastly, we paid R3200 per night which is rather astronomical considering you can pay HALF of that for the 5 star hotel across the road.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 March 2018

This was a lovely hotel set in an affluent part of Africa famous for it's vineyards and colleges. The rooms were spacious and very clean. The restaurant was lovely and reasonably priced. The bar was well stocked except they only had bottled beer, and it wasn't to my taste, mainly indigenous African lager beer. I and most others I spoke to had real issues getting Wifi to work here, even in the Reception area. The surrounding area is very friendly and safe, but it is clearly an area for tourists and wealthy people.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

A cute hotel in a terrific location for visiting Stellenbosch. Most shops, university sites, and meals are within a manageable walking distance.

The room feels very open and European. The common areas are comfortable and relaxed. We struggled a little with the light switches in the room and with the air conditioning, but ultimately managed.

I stayed at the Oude Werf as part of a package tour, so cannot reflect at all on the daily room costs.

Stayed: March 2018
Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

We had a lovely stay here ... the room was stunning and immaculate overlooking the pool but it looked straight into the other rooms across the way.... so be aware ;)
There was a restaurant and a bar in the hotel .... but we only had breakfast here , it was good and the staff were plentiful, however they spent most of their time standing chatting to each other which made it difficult to attract attention. There was also a lot of building and drilling noise coming from the adjacent building.... I did mention it to reception but she was totally unaware?
Great location and lots of restaurants around.Handy valet car park attached to the side of the hotel. Good stay.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2018

The location of Oudewerf is perfect for exploring the culinary delights of Stellenbosch town and many restaurants are in walking distance. If you are an art lover there are also an abundance of galleries in close proximity.

Hotel is a great blend of modern contemporary, and whilst not the largest property it has a great charm and friendly staff make staying here a pleasure.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple