“Quiet location great food”
Review of Warung Lu Putu

Warung Lu Putu
Ranked #3 of 72 Restaurants in Candidasa
Price range: US$1 - US$5
Cuisines: Asian, Indonesian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Simply Balinese, a hidden away secret Garden Restaurant. It is a lovely open restaurant with a beautiful Garden and small fish pond and ceiling fans to circulate the air. A very pleasant spot to sit on a warm, sticky evening and enjoy a tasty, not expensive meal and drink, served by smiling friendly staff. This Restaurant Owned and managed by a local Balinese Family.
Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

On the way back from visiting temples much further up the road I decided to try Lu Putu for lunch as it was on our way back to Legian and it was rated well in TA. Took us little while to find this little place as it is tucked away well of the main road. Once found we had a great water Mellon juice followed by some very delicious and well presented Bali food. The tables are well set up with everything you require INC wifi password, mosquito repellant etc. The staff were also very welcoming so we were well looked after. Certainly will be back here again when we are back in Candidasa.

1  Thank Peter_Dyer1

Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

Great food and service,even shuttle back and forth from hotel. Best dessert was grilled pineapple with cinnamoned ice cream - lovely! A relaxed yet tasteful warung. Recommended!

1  Thank Travellingalot_10
Reviewed 7 June 2017

Outstanding Service Team and a wide variety of foods.
As stated in other Reviews I can highly recommend to try the tomato soup (and the Juices / Milkshakes!)

After I had dinner at Lu Putu the first time, I came back another 8 times! I think recurring visits speaks a lot for the high quality of the food in this place.

Highly recommendet

Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

We visited this cafe based on high rating at tripadvisor, and I'm totally disappointed. When they brought my Tom Yam I firstly didn't understand what it was - tea cup or joke - sooooo small soup-plate and portion! Two thirds of the plate consisted of chopped chicken + only one shrimp + 3 table spoons of liquid. For 40 000 IDR!!! Are you kidding me? Too much for a plate of chopped boiled chicken. The salad with avocado and shrimps was below the average and costed 50 000 IDR. Passion fruit gelato was so sweet that I left the most part of it untouched. It might happen that I've chosen the worst from the menu, but based on that experience I can't recommend it, not sure we'll visit this place again during our vacation.

Lu Putu R, Owner at Warung Lu Putu, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2017

Dear Ms. Usus Practicus,
Thank you very much for your candid review of your experience Lunch at our Restaurant, I greatly Appreciate your feedback because it is extremely valuable to us as we strive to improve both our food quality and service.
Please allow me to apologies for your dissapointment while having lunch with us. Having read your great Comments, I think you have choosen a wrong Restaurant because we are sure you have a very high apetite, and our Restaurant is far out of your Level.
We promise to improve our quality and I hope we may have another chance to convince on your match Apetite and serve you in the future.
Best Regards
Wayan Sadra

Reviewed 6 June 2017

This is a top little place located about 10 minutes drive from the main Candidasa Street. We requested a pick up and the owner of the restaurant was at our resort on time to drive us to its location in one of the back streets
Having already drooled over the menu (we read it on his website), it was easy to select quite a few dishes which we shared, therefore we could try a larger offering of dishes.
The setting is lovely around a fish pond, it was a Monday night and the place was full....so I'd suggest booking so you can get in.

1  Thank John G