“Reasonably-priced restaurant”

Zong
Ranked #91 of 380 Restaurants in Muntinlupa
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 20 May 2015

I love dining at Zong, primarily because the food taste great. I love the pork in salt and pepper, among many others. But their service is getting worse every time I dine. Waiters were nowhere to be found when there are only 3 tables that time (because it's almost closing time). Maybe they are very tired and are very eager to go home. But overall, for the food, I would definitely recommend this Chinese restaurant.

Reviewed 23 March 2015

This was our first time at Zong, we are a family of seven. My brother recommended going here after they've gone to Zong, Fort. Well, upon entrance, you'd think the place needs renovation. It's not dirty or anything, but it needs an upgrade.

I got two group-buying voucher to use for lunch since I looked at the menu prior and thought, the prices are on the high-side, we would actually use up two vouchers, total value of P4000 (got vouchers for half that price). Anyway, it was a good thing that there was the 50% discount, otherwise it wouldn't be worth it.

Food is actually very tasty and they claim they do not use any MSG. It's several notch higher than your typically MSG-crazy Chinese restos. We enjoyed the food! What we did not like was the super slow service. We waited for an hour for our orders to arrive, we have kids so you can imagine how restless they were. Anyway, when I asked the girl who took our order how much longer will the wait be, she looked irritated and bluntly told us to wait some more because there was a function and they were ahead of us so they will be served first, then she went away. (I had a reservation for 12 noon, and we arrived at 11.45 am, and we started eating at 1 pm.) That area upstairs where they close off for functions had like 4-5 round tables and they haven't been served yet when I followed up with the girl. So are we supposed to eat only after the rest of that group has been served?!? The thing is there were only 3 (yes, three wait staff -- one is the nicer guy Jun, this unapologetic girl and another guy) to wait for tables at the ground and second floor. So you cannot actually blame them for sweating like pigs as they run around the entire place and people are starting to pile up at the entrance waiting to be seated. Since I cannot accept the explanation of the girl staff I went to look for her to clarify what she said. I found her in the kitchen helping put orders out (I did not get in, but there was this window) and there were only 3 cooks as well! OMG. I actually felt pity for these people and how cruel for the Management of Zong to have very few staff on a Sunday! And they have this promo/coupon going on, so an influx of people is expected! Nagtipid ng wala sa lugar. Anyway, when she stepped out of the kitchen I asked her what she meant, if we will only be served after all the group has been served, and looking at the 3 cooks, that will be like hours! She said, our food is coming out soon, like in 15 minutes. So ok, no other choice but to wait. When our food arrived in trickles, our server Jun kept on saying "pasensya na po", and he just kept on shaking his head. We said, its not actually their fault. Just bring out the rest of the food. Then half way in our meal, we ordered another fried rice, unfortunately, it was with the girl again, and she said, ok but it will take a long time. How long? Very long time. What she meant was, we would have finished eating and the fried rice will not be served. So we said, just steamed rice, if it will take forever for the fried rice. And truly, we finished and then the fried rice came and one of the dishes we ordered.

After all, we still found the food quite enjoyable but then half of the dining experience is the service and ambiance, which sadly, was just not there. And it was Zong's management who were solely to be blamed for the lousy service. Cannot recommend, even with the voucher. Not coming here again either.

2  Thank jrcl
Reviewed 10 December 2014

Yesterday we had lunch here upon entering the restaurant air conditioning was not turned on and the waiter that we had did not know any information about the food he is selling.
Our soup came and while we were placing into our soup cup we saw a strand of hair.
Overall the food use to be better and service great...I miss the old Zong. Won't be back here... "Zong Long"

Reviewed 20 April 2014

the Chicken in Salted Egg Yolk was a nice treat. It went well with the vinegar that they provided for dipping. I think it is high in cholesterol though. Had to park quite some distance in one of the larger parking lots inside Westgate. Place is a bit pricey.

Don't know if it was the staff being snobbish but I did wait some time with nobody attending to me before I got seated.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Hands down, the dishes are delicious. Servings are good for sharing so its a plus point. The price is I think reasonable, given that they claim they do not use any preservatives or MSG. It was well worth every penny. Although, the ambiance offers nothing special, it needs a little upgrade. The staff were snobbish, or rather weren't accommodating when we visited. I'd definitely recommend it! :)

1  Thank Annikev