“Yummy Japanese Food”
Review of Kessaku

Kessaku
Ranked #155 of 395 Restaurants in Muntinlupa
Reviewed 21 August 2017

I've been here twice already and I've tried the Maki sampler, agedashi tofu, tantanmen ramen and ebi tempura. They're all delicious. The service was good and efficient. I also love the welcome appetizer. :)

Reviewed 25 July 2017

If you want a bit of everything, i will recommend the Ebi bento set. It comes with miso soup, rice, 4 slices of sashimi (tuna & salmon) & tempura. The chawanmush is also delicious and free flow of Green Tea.

Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

I tried the seafood maki and smoked salmon roll. Both were good and fresh. If you're looking for Japanese fission, this is it. Service was likewise good but with the limited list on the menu not all is available. If there's something that stood out, it would be the fresh wasbi.

Reviewed 28 April 2016 via mobile

I first came here with a relative when it first opened, and what I can say from my experience back then was that the quality of their food and service was pretty good. Unfortunately, I went back there with family today and I was more disappointed than I thought I would be.
I ordered tempura udon while my sister ordered karaage. It took more than 30 mins for the food to arrive on the table, and I was greeted with an enormous bowl full of stock. I ran my chopsticks through the soup to find ramen noodles instead of udon noodles. We told the waiter that the noodles weren't udon and I was served with ramen noodles instead. She came back and told us that the chef said it was still udon noodles but just from another brand. From my knowledge, I'm pretty sure udon noodles are supposed to be round, chewy and thick, not flat with a bite like ramen noodles. I would feel a lot better if she could admit and apologize that their udon noodles weren't in stock. She didnt need to persist on lying about such a trivial thing.
My sister ordered karage which was apparently just fried skin and fat; there was not much meat and the batter lacked taste. We notified the waiter about this again and told us that they use chicken thighs for karaage. I know thighs are most common in making karaage, unfortunately I'm not stupid enough to know that there should be more meat than there was served to my sister.
Overall, a beyond disappointing place and I wouldn't go back there for a third time after that experience.

1  Thank steph s
Reviewed 4 March 2016 via mobile

You would love the modern Japanese interiors of this resto. The ambiance is a good way to usher you into a excellent dinning experience! Now comes the food, great presentation, just enough servicing size and the taste is superb!