“My favourite holiday destination ever!!”

Paloma Grida Resort & Spa
Ranked #42 of 93 Hotels in Belek
Reviewed 28 August 2011

I am returning to Grida for my 3rd visit in September I booked it in January and have been on countdown ever since! I usually always come to turkey every year but due to personal problems I missed out last year so I am really looking forward to my week away at my favourite hotel ever. After reading some of the reviews I am keen to see what changes have occurred. When reading some of the negative reviews I feel that some folk really do have high expectations. Who cares if there is the odd black mark on the silicone of the shower it happens I bet if you go home and check your shower u will have some too! As for rooms being small unless you live in a mansion back home I would say there is more than enough room besides how long do you spend in there GET OUT YOU ARE ON HOLIDAY!!! the food is excellent and on both ocassions I spent at Grida did not have to queue the most I had to wait was for someone in front of me to put the ladel down for me to use! The staff are really helpful and if you are polite to them and not treat them like personal slaves or have high demands as I have witnessed by certain tourists then they go out of their way to help you and are lovely and friendly. The spa area is phenomenal definitely worth a visit. Beach is fantastic lovely views very relaxing! Ooooh I am so excited. The first time I stayed here I was smitten and always take lots of photos, when I returned and showed my brother he was hooked so I booked for the year after and he showed his friend who was hooked and he came in total there was 7 adults and 3 kids! What a great time we all had. This time I am taking a friend who really wanted to experience Grida I would love to try one of the pool villa suites but couldnt afford one not to worry I don't intend to spend much time in my room not when I have all of the hotel to experience! I am so giddy I can't wait ;-)

• Stayed: August 2011
3  Thank gina22
aykacr, Manager at Paloma Grida Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2011

Dear Gina,

Thank you for your nice & fair review about Paloma Grida village and Spa. Your loyalty to Paloma hotels is admirable and your positive comments are our true motivation.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 26 August 2011

We stayed as family of 4 (2adults & 2 children) from 29th July to 12th August 2011. We stayed in a family side sea view room number 1954 which was exactly as the tour operator described it. The room was quite spacious, both of our children had their own beds (sofa & a single) which was very important as they are now 9 & 11 years old and unable to share any longer. The only downside was that there were not enough hangers in the wardrobe (only 10 for a family of 4!) However after requesting extra, guest services sorted this straight away for us. In fact nothing was too much for any of the staff at this hotel. The beautiful cream curtains in the room let so much daylight in, I was awake at the crack of dawn! It seemed peculiar that there were no blackout linings, however, after mentioning to reception about this they managed to muster up some older style curtains, (where from I have no idea,) and once hung behind the lovely cream ones, they solved the problem.
My major gripes about this hotel is the fact that by 7am, there are hardly any sunbeds by either pool, the Al a carte restaurant booking system is a pain, trying to get through at 9am the same as everyone else, and the buffet restaurant barely changing the variety of food offered every night. Also the Al a carte restaurants closed quite early (9.30pm) so our holiday felt like we were constantly clock watching & rushing to get sunbed's, book Al a carte's and arrive at them early enough in the evening. One major tip for this is that if your Al a carte booking is for the 7pm sitting, you can go to guest relations and they can normally arrange a later sitting for you. We usually had the 8pm sitting which was the last one of the evening, and usually left the restuarants by 9.30pm. The Turkish restaurant was one of the best , the food and service excellent and we liked it so much that we managed to get booked in twice during our stay. The Lotus oriental & Seasons international were our next favourite, but even the German restaurant was a welcome change from the buffet. The Ada fish restaurant had a beautiful setting, but the menu was quite restrictive. A prawn dish would have been welcomed by my poor suffering husband who barely eats any fish at all, yet the pier setting was beautiful and we were finally asked to leave at 9.30pm as we were the last ones in the reataurant. We could have sat there all night!!!
As for our children, the water slides kept them busy, they played table tennis, football, the sea trampoline and climbing inflatables were great fun and we barely saw them through the day. The pools were a little deep for my son who is about 1.34 meters. There was hardly anywhere he could stand up in either main pool apart from the slide pool which is 1.25m deep. They could maybe think about making a few more areas just less than 1.4m deep in both pools. There was a very small area in the quiet pool less than 1.4m deep but it got quite crowded with youngsters who couldn't stand up anywhere else.

I also had a Turkish bath in the spa which was a lovely relaxing experience , I could have done the tour operator trip to a local spa, but this was easier on resort and also they did the odd occasional happy hour where they reduced the rates some day's if they didn't have very many bookings, it was just as good as any I have experienced!

The shows of an evening were very hit & miss, but the best ones were the acrobats, the casablanca, the pirates, the drum & bass (very much like stomp in the west end) and the lion king which the children could audition for parts and was lovely! We thought that the disco bar could have been opened up earlier of an evening to watch the sun set, get the lovely breeze and have somewhere quiet to drink & chat as the band at the Zomm bar although entertaining was so loud you couldn't hear yourself speak unless you went inside to the air-conitioned part. ALso there were plenty of other evening activities like the casion night, the dark beach sports, family quiz night, star gazing, you will not go short of things to do here if you look hard enough.

Overall we had a fantastic holiday, the beach was ok but there are nicer beaches in Turkey, but summing everything up here it was great value for money, the staff cannot do enough for you, the cakes at the Zomm bar were excellent and we had lovely relaxing day's despite the clock watching. I would definately recommend this hotel for families.

1  Thank Gillian S
Reviewed 26 August 2011

In the whole resort, there was not one single room that had aircon decent enough to cool you down. Most people walked around looking red faced and shiny! In a 5* hotel I think it's a must to have decent aircon in rooms and restaurants. We spent most nights in the buffet restaurants not eating much from feeling so hot.

We refused to join the masses every day at 5 am to grab a bed. After much haggling with pool attendants we always managed to get a couple of beds. Not under the coveted parasols, but beds nevertheless. It is truly maddening that it is allowed to go on.

My main gripe is the terrible service. Most of the staff stared blankly at you when we were asking for anything in particular. Lack of English speaking staff was hard work. Most had miserable faces (especially the matredees in the restaurants) and it took ages for any special request (ketchup for kids, or pizza with just sausage on)

On one occasion a waiter tried to take my husbands plate away whilst he was still eating!!!! Hello?!!!

The a la carte restaurants booking system is a bit like the sunbed system. You have

• Stayed: August 2011
aykacr, Manager at Paloma Grida Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2011

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your observations, review and bringing specific staff into our attention for their services. I would like to remind some of our services in Paloma Grida village and spa. We accomodate 1200-1300(more or less 900 adult) people in our village for their holiday and of course with such number of guests rush hour for the restaurant is inevidable but varieties of food and guest preferences decrease those queues in our restaurants and as you adequately put our A'la carte service is also a get away from routine and queues. Our guest relation report consists of our guests comments and complaints but we rarely have such issue in that report.
At night other than Zomm bar garden, we also keep Pool bar open till 22.00 for our guest who prefer some quiet time without music.
We do serve ice cream in our main restaurant during lunch and dinner. After that unfortunate incident supplier company warned about the plastic piece found in your daughters ice cream. English papers in the shop is 3 Euro and exchange rate changes may cause Turkish Lira variations related with the currency.
Usually parental supervison required for the kids anywhere in the hotel and Parents warned by our guest relation office when any mischievous behaviour seen or reported by the staff.

We dont have to move you just cause you complain. We move you when you are not happy and when we can do something about it. Thanks for your thoughts about us, it is valuable and simply shape our services for better.

Best Regards ,

Reviewed 24 August 2011

I have just returned from a weeks holiday at the Paloma Grida Village and was quite excited by all the positive reviews I read before going. This just lead to one disapointment after another. All I can say is all the people who rave about this place obvioulsy haven't been anywhere better. I'm not well travelled but I have to say this does not live up to the standards delivered by other family resorts in Turkey. If you love this place then you haven't been to Lykia World!!
The village is a lovely complex but the all inclusive is done on the cheap so you find yourself queuing for everything! Don't take the warning about getting a sunbed lightly. We really did have to set our alarm for 6am to get a lounger by the pool. What kind of holiday is that? It's not hard to enforce managment of this practice but it would take manpower, something this complex was short off.
The food was very average and it was the same everynight. The main resturant had themed nights but it was still the same food!!! The a la carte resturants are impossible to get into, they only have approx 40 seats and with 1200 guests you have little hope. Unless like me you find a "wasp" in you food and then you are in a position to demand a reservation!!!
The beach area is nice but one of our children was stung by a jelly fish within minitues of getting in the water, a warning would have been nice!!
The overall service of the hotel is very slow, I had to ask 3 times to get new pool towels, when a glass was smashed in my room I had to go and get a hoover myself as I waited over an hour for housekeeping and couldn't keep my son off the floor for much longer. Whilst I am on the rooms they are very basic, very small and not at all the standard you would expect from a so called 5*.
Don't believe the hipe, I would not recommend the Paloma Grida Village to any friends!

Room Tip: Upgrade to the lake villa, they seemed like the only accomodation worth staying in but be warned the...
2  Thank 747mags
Reviewed 22 August 2011

Lovely hotel, friendly staff. Felt that the entertainment has gone down hill, have been to hotel 3 times before. The entertainers are generally good but there has been a change in management of them and feel that it was not a good move. He does not speak to his staff in a nice manner and felt this was not good for staff morale the entertainers work very hard, and he should not speak to them in that manner especially when we the public can hear him. He came across rude and unapproachable.

2  Thank Jen123304
aykacr, Manager at Paloma Grida Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2011

Dear Jen,
Firstly , I would like to thank you for taking time and share your review about us & your loyalty to Paloma grida village and Spa. We respect our guests opinion but in our professional life there are such decisions and that decision belong to hotel managment for good. Just like every other institutional company we monitor complaints about every department, consistency of those complaints and turnover rate are taking into consideration by the managment.
I believe in our hotel not only entertainers but also every team member work very hard and altough I agree Its always good to see friends and familiar faces among our staff I think sometimes change become necessity and thats part of the job.
We welcome our new members of staff and always remember our colleques that we worked together.